FS700U quick guide / tips?

mcbob

Veteran
Renting a FS700U for a job on Monday, it should arrive tonight and give me a weekend to familiarize myself. I've shot with the FS100 before, first go with the -700.

Super slow-mo is the primary reason for going with the FS700... found the manual in PDF form, but are there any quick guides online or easy to digest treasure troves of experiential knowledgification extant?

Thanks
 
I don't own one, but from the footy I've seen I'd say use the sun and relectors for lighting and keep background lights out of the picture. (strobing sucks and is hard to fix most of the time.)
 
Got it in earlier today and pretty much have it figured out... It's a much easier camera than I was led to believe.
 
Super slow : starts aftercare you press the button - maybe 1 second delay. - don't chop off the front of your shots!
 
Last edited:
Super slow : starts aftercare you press the button - maybe 1 second delay. - don't chop off the front of you shots!
This is a big one. Also try switching the trigger mode to End Trigger. This mode constantly records to the 8-second buffer and lets you hit the record button AFTER the moment happens.
 
During the dive shots for this I missed the first few then we got the hang of hitting record, counting to two and then calling action..

S
 
This is a big one. Also try switching the trigger mode to End Trigger. This mode constantly records to the 8-second buffer and lets you hit the record button AFTER the moment happens.

Yep, that's what I elected to do... it'll work perfectly for this shoot.

Pity the 480fps and 960fps modes are what they are... I'm fine with a little IQ hit, but they're just awful.
 
Be sure to check your over-cranks in the the actual media index. Looking at the buffering playback is not an accurate indication of the light frequencies.
 
Back
Top