FS700 in Africa. 200fps Attenborough re-edit

K.M

Member
This short clip takes David Attenboroughs current 'Africa' introduction and intercuts my own footage.

The BBC animals have been replaced with my own, excluding the baboon yawning. Shots with David A and aerial photography ARE NOT my own, and all rights go to the BBC.

Everything else has been shot with the FS700 in slow motion, with one GH2 voigtlander addition in there.

Let me know what you think, the audio is unedited from the original video so I had to sync all my footage with their audio (hence the epic nature of everything) I couldn't get rid of that soundtrack and their amazing recordings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o96xoprZzI[/VIDEO]

KM
 
I'd bite the bullet and get rid of everything that is not your's...

really

and it seems to be really good footage, at least i think it is... it's hard to know when any shot could be someone else's + the rest of the shots are done on film

I have a nature stills photog asking me about the FS700, i would love to show this to her, but i would have to re-edit it first, and i don't have the time, will not show it the way it is currently
 
I am not sure I understand the purpose of intercutting your stuff with a BBC documentary... I would like to see just your stuff if possible.
 
I understand your position. Originally this was just an experiment, I had come back from the trip and was watching this series when i thought how similar the opening shots were to my recent footage. Cutting them together was just a bit of fun one afternoon, however when the hard drive crashed with the fcp file and rushes i uploaded my edit online before anything else went wrong.

Now, although i have a backup drive, haven't started the project again as I have to start from scratch. This was kind of a test to see how it works in public.

Dermot. You can confidently show this and explain that as long as an animal is on screen, its the FS700 with two exceptions that aren't particularly defining. Im glad you like it though, means a lot to hear some feedback
 
Interesting experiment. There is a clear difference in the footage from what I can see. Did you not do any grading? You may be able to match quite a bit better with some grading. There clearly seems to be more consistent contrast and color saturation in the BBC footage and a subtle but significant difference in the tonal response and color separation. What picture profile did you start with?
 
Back
Top