Forget about RED....Check this out!

ovjamaica said:
Shoot what you can with what you have. Don't get so caught up in competing with the 'Jones's' that you forget what the goal is.
..............Words of wisdom..............(repeat!)
 
ovjamaica said:
Shoot what you can with what you have. The DVX is STILL an amazing camera, whether it's HD or not. Don't get so caught up in competing with the 'Jones's' that you forget what the goal is.

lol I'm sick of hearing this. DUDE! This is a NAB board. We're here to drool over new toys. I don't remember anyone spouting how crappy the DVX is. If we didn't like the DVX we wouldn't buy one. Now pleasetake a step to the left so I can continue to fetishize these cameras some more ;)
 
Hey, I'm out man. I don't need to stay and ruin the fun. I just think it's really annoying when people say they NEED some sort of all encompassing solution for indie filmmakers. 4K?!? For an indie film?!?!?! WTF?! Anyway, feel free to drool away. I'm out of it.
 
Ok, I'm dizzy...what was the price again? 120K or 120 dollars?... I'm outta this one. Silicon Imaging anyone?
 
Phillip,

I'd love more information on your digital cinema cameras as you continue to move them forward. I'm a Persol man myself, whatever that means.

e
 
Well, If red becomes tangible and does perform accordingly by its specs. Phantom has to lower their price tag. But even by lowering their tag it will still be to expensive I bet. which it will leave them to cater to those that need high picture quality at high frame rates.

But at the end of the day they will start loosing bussiness share since their are not the top performer on specs sheets.
 
lecterj2 said:
But at the end of the day they will start loosing bussiness share since their are not the top performer on specs sheets.

Well, that's a bit overstated. There are many cameras that still thrive despite not being the top performer on the specs sheets. It's not all about specs. If this camera can shoot the stated resolutions at 1000fps then it will certainly have uses to those who can afford it.
 
If this camera can shoot the stated resolutions at 1000fps then it will certainly have uses to those who can afford it.
True to that, but it would be a lower margin after all. However sliced in price rage the pahantom is just to forbiding
 
TC said:
I cannot for the life of me find the paper work that I got on it, I'll keep looking though. Luckily Jim will be going by the booth tomorrow, so I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on it.

Sorry folks, I didn't get by the booth... or have the time to meet up with anyone I promised to... sigh... first one day trip to NAB ever, show floor time wound up being a small fraction of that day, unfortunately.

Regards,

Jim Arthurs
 
PhillipJantzen said:
you could use it as a hammer too if you like, it's built just as sturdy as all of our other cameras which typically get smashed into walls by the automotive industry, and thrown into pits where they test large caliber artillery rounds by the military...the only moving part is the cooling fan, which is field replaceable.

I knew we were forgetting something! I do need a new hammer...

PhillipJantzen said:
I do plan on creating a document which will outline the costs of shooting 4K images (with any camera system), and comparing them to 16mm, 35mm, and 65mm film. It should demonstrate that 4K imaging, no matter the inital cost of the camera, is still not for the small budget project. its really the storage space required that is the largest cost, at least long term anyway.

That would be pretty nice to have.

Personally, I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up on shooting 4K -- or the 'impossibilities' of shooting on 4K -- when a few weeks ago, people were trying to figure out how to afford storage for 720 and 1080. 4K is something I'd like to ramp up to eventually... someday... but if I'm not shooting a feature, I'll stick with 1080 at the max. Either way, I need a new hard drive(s)...
 
ovjamaica said:
Hey, I'm out man. I don't need to stay and ruin the fun. I just think it's really annoying when people say they NEED some sort of all encompassing solution for indie filmmakers. 4K?!? For an indie film?!?!?! WTF?! Anyway, feel free to drool away. I'm out of it.

I don't see anything wrong with using the best possible tools to create an independent movie. An independent movie doesn't imply it's low budget, or let alone any other quality besides its independent funding. I don't think you should get "really annoyed" just because someone feels they need something which you do not.
 
Besides, technology is getting cheaper all the time. I know my PC today can do much more than a super-computer could twenty years ago, and at a fraction of the price. Why cant i expect the same from cameras?
 
Besides, technology is getting cheaper all the time. I know my PC today can do much more than a super-computer could twenty years ago, and at a fraction of the price. Why cant i expect the same from cameras?
[/QUOTAgree on that one!!!!
 
Fugitive said:
Besides, technology is getting cheaper all the time. I know my PC today can do much more than a super-computer could twenty years ago, and at a fraction of the price. Why cant i expect the same from cameras?
We all expect the same thing every day from every product (but, like you said, it takes a while to actually happen) and it will! Is only a matter of time.
 
you know what i say?

**** THE RED, **** THE OTHER DUDE. Lets all rally together ,and as we did for the 35mm adapters, lets make our own cameras!!! w000000 PARADE
 
Back
Top