Forget about RED....Check this out!

Fugitive said:
If this camera really does 4k, and is under 10k, its going to Rock. Red is an excellent camera, but for those who want to make film "now", we need something now, and at an affordable indie price.

Well, all it looks like RED has is a clay model at this point. The Vision Research camera is already being demoed in their booth
 
Lol. Looks like everybody's so goggle-eyed at the "red" booth that they dont have time to post anything about anything else.
 
The SI-1920HDVR captures full resolution, 1920 x 1080 progressive-scan 12-bit raw images
I think this could be the camera you were taking about. theres more info on the other camera section.
 
The SI-1920HDVR is made by Silicon Imaging, whereas the camera Dan is talking about is made by Vision Research. They are different cameras.

Dan, ask the guy you know to ask about both the cameras will ya. It would be nice to know our options.
 
I'll pay 17k if i had the money for the sheer fact that RED just has the better design. I haven't seen anything else yet but RED's got it going.
 
If we were (or could), we wouldnt be stuck here posting... :(


@DVpixl: "If i had the money". I think that is they key isnt it. "If". Unfortunately we are indies and we dont have the money. Besides, honestly, for the me the time-factor weighs too much. A camera in hand is better than wishing for RED. Once Red comes out though, it will be another story altogether.
 
I could probably work out 17k, its not if i had 17k, its if I had 30k after glass, recording, storage, editing, nessicary accesories.

give my the whole package for 17k and im in. cheaper than that even better
 
Back
Top