I have to confess to being in something of a quandary myself.
When I bought my 5D, the MkII wasn't even a rumer, and I thought I wouldn't be upgrading for a long time, the 5D as it was was, and is, as much as I really need for my photography.
Then came the 5DII earlier than I thought, and although I could take or leave the 21Mp resolution, the cine mode took my eye, though the ergonomics stank.
Now the footage gets a good reputation, and I find myself thinking of upgrading, even with teh £2100 price tag, less how much I can get for my 5D. I don't think I'll go for the GH1, the sensor's too small and I want to keep my L lenses.
So, Daniel L how firm are your sources? I don't want you to break confidences, but is it something we can factor into our calculations?
I may well buy anyway, but I suspect we'll know one way or another before my finances settle enough to commit. I also want to investigate using manual third-party lenses, especially Zeiss Contax and Leica R (If you're going that way, may as well buy the best!)
Sorry to ramble a bit, but I wanted to put some thoughts down on paper, for others to comment on, and perhaps, shoot down!
Cheers,
Dave
When I bought my 5D, the MkII wasn't even a rumer, and I thought I wouldn't be upgrading for a long time, the 5D as it was was, and is, as much as I really need for my photography.
Then came the 5DII earlier than I thought, and although I could take or leave the 21Mp resolution, the cine mode took my eye, though the ergonomics stank.
Now the footage gets a good reputation, and I find myself thinking of upgrading, even with teh £2100 price tag, less how much I can get for my 5D. I don't think I'll go for the GH1, the sensor's too small and I want to keep my L lenses.
So, Daniel L how firm are your sources? I don't want you to break confidences, but is it something we can factor into our calculations?
I may well buy anyway, but I suspect we'll know one way or another before my finances settle enough to commit. I also want to investigate using manual third-party lenses, especially Zeiss Contax and Leica R (If you're going that way, may as well buy the best!)
Sorry to ramble a bit, but I wanted to put some thoughts down on paper, for others to comment on, and perhaps, shoot down!
Cheers,
Dave