Fcp x is now out!

Looks like its not quite ready yet, but I assume these errors everyone is getting will be fixed shortly.
 
Downloading now... It will be a few weeks before I actually try to use it for a paying gig, but time to start playing in the sandbox! Downloading Compressor too.
 
There's some stuff missing that's very annoying like no import of old projects, no old viewer style just in case you wanted it, no fully customizable layout for dual monitors (it's limited), and a few other things. I think I'll hold off for the moment until I figure out the best way to move forward with things.
 
I love (hate) how every review compares it to previous versions of FCP only. Not once does any one of them attempt to stack it up against at least Premiere.

I wonder if Motion will work as a standalone program. I haven't used Motion on my FCS2 for so long I hardly remember. If the new one has lots of cool presets I might think about getting it.
 
I have been playing around with it for 15 minutes, just doing some hey what does this do kind of thing. And at least 10 times I have said out loud, wow that is cool. I have been cutting on FCP since version 1, this is all new, and I already love it.
 
I love how Apple claims the new FCPX platform is geared for the next 10 years, and omits 3D...


3D is officially dead!
 
wth, seems more like an iMovie Pro than Final Cut Pro?!


I really dont understand. Why does everyone keep saying this? Because the interface is actually enjoyable to look at?

I haven't had the chance to download it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Honestly with the timeline enhancements it looks to me like it will pilot a lot like Sony Vegas does, which I personally think makes for much faster/pleasant editing.
 
So since it's not working with some stock Mac Pro video cards, I can assume it will not work on my 2008 MacBook Pro.

Here’s the system requirements the folks at Apple provided:

Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
2GB of RAM (4GB of RAM recommended)
OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
256MB of VRAM
Display with 1280-by-768 pixel resolution or higher
Mac OS X v10.6.7 or later
2.4GB of disk space for Final Cut Pro
2GB of disk space for Motion
685MB of disk space for Compressor
 
Back
Top