F3 Test: The Sunshine Coast (by Linton Vivian)

lexicon

Well-known member
From the video description:

"Shot in one day with a demo Sony PMW F3 Super35 CMOS Sensor Camcorder from the Video Pro Business Centre in Brisbane Australia.

Using the supplied Sony PL Mount Primes, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. Also the Duclos adapted Tokina PL Mount 11-16mm Lens. This short video was shot at 720p 25p overcranked to 50 fps at 35Mb/s."

 
Thought I was watching another AF100 video with all those clipped highlights haha :-)
 
Thought I was watching another AF100 video with all those clipped highlights haha :-)

Hi there, I'm glad you guys like my F3 camera test!! You're right about the clipped highlights, not only did I shoot this without altering the profile settings of the camera, I usually shoot with zebra settings around 70%... but they were around 85% (only had the camera for a short time so I was lazy on the setup) I was a little over exposed with this footage so next time I shoot with this camera, I wont open up as much. Nice camera but I'd love a shoulder mounted version with a broadcast viewfinder... Be a bit costly though I bet...
 
is this compressed? at 2.23 you can see a bit of pixel on the guys t-shirt, the black and red. Great job by the way.

Do you guys see that the pixel edges happen mostly on reds... I see it at the red balloons and the kids red shorts
 
is this compressed? at 2.23 you can see a bit of pixel on the guys t-shirt, the black and red. Great job by the way.

Do you guys see that the pixel edges happen mostly on reds... I see it at the red balloons and the kids red shorts

Hi DavidChia, the video was edited on Final Cut Pro 7 as wrapped .mov files from the SxS cards. So it was kept at 1280x720 35Mb/s until I exported it to 1280x720 H.264 at about 5000Kbits/s. I've left it on the vimeo site as a download option, so if you like you can download it before it was converted to a vimeo file and watch it. I purposely shot some flowing water for my own tests at 35Mb/s and was surprised at how it handled all that information. By the time it was converted to 5000Kbit/s then to vimeo, the water looked like a mess!
 
Back
Top