F3 and Angenieux DP Rouge

Nigel A

Well-known member
I have a production F3 that I'm testing with the DP Rouge 30-80mm. Tomorrow, Sony in Toronto is previewing the new SR memory!
 

Attachments

  • _MG_8289.jpg
    _MG_8289.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
I can not see from this photo but are you using any lens support from the rails or is the PL mount doing all of the weight lifting?
 
I can not see from this photo but are you using any lens support from the rails or is the PL mount doing all of the weight lifting?

I didn't put any lens support on. The lens weighs around 4 pounds, like a lot of primes out there. That's why I like this lens. Lightweight, and a decent range. Just the price is the stinger. If I bought this lens I would probably get some support, just to be safe over time.
 
I haven't seen any of the short Optimo zooms that came with a support in the case yet.

Which only means that there's an assumption that if you managed to get your hands on this lens, you're putting it on a camera expensive enough to have a solid front. I have a feeling in the next few years things like this might become an issue. I know what this lens is like in hand, i wouldnt put it on, say an AF100 without a bridge support.
 
I haven't seen any of the short Optimo zooms that came with a support in the case yet.

Which only means that there's an assumption that if you managed to get your hands on this lens, you're putting it on a camera expensive enough to have a solid front. I have a feeling in the next few years things like this might become an issue. I know what this lens is like in hand, i wouldnt put it on, say an AF100 without a bridge support.

I looked in the case of this demo and there was a post to screw into the lens, but would still have to the support for the rails. Checked with a lens tech friend of mine and he said if it came with support to use it, but this lens is compact enough that it probably be OK. The PL mount seems very sturdy on the F3. But again, time will tell.
 
Can you get some pics of the SR memory recorder? Would love to see it.

Joe,

The recorder mock up looks similar to what's already out there. They had a 1T card (just smaller than an iPhone) working prototype. Its got sustained speed of 5G, and they showed it recording from an SR deck and playing back simultaneously. Also will be able to record 2 streams for 3D .........
 

Attachments

  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top