Encode and upload

Export from QT Pro always crews up my video's gamma... too bright and less contrast... I tried to adjust it using "filter" within QT but that preview window is awefully small to tell...
I believe there was an issue with that at some point, as well as a fix. Not sure it's needed with the newer versions though.
 
I believe there was an issue with that at some point, as well as a fix. Not sure it's needed with the newer versions though.

Yeah I googled for a fix and tried everything... isn't working in my case... it helps a little but not matched what I see in my NLE.

Still looking for a better way...
 
Rod, my last test was 800x450 with a bit rate 1.3 and I got 60.6MB, so you can see we are all about in the same place with ours. Get there son...
 
1.15, 1.4 bitrates you guys must be using the full 6 minutes !

Film I shot for hoz is coming in at 5min20 secs 720p with a bitrate of 1.5 and its at 58.5 meg

mono 44.1 khz at 96kbps audio though
 
It was a very down and dirty shoot, we used one mono shotgun mic, a rode ntg2.

You can pan the mono a little to the left, then to the right as each actor takes turns speaking but with no stereo background ambience recorded it may draw attention to the fact.

Playback of mono h264 quicktime (or mpeg) is converted to dual mono by any player and IMO sounds ok.

I may still go to 480p (853x480) as I'm still seeing a little too much noise at 720p despite the 1.5mbps bitrate.
 
I was wondering what resolutions everyone was going to be submitting at...720 or even 480p, hey? I had a chuckle (in an insane, muttering-under-your-breath kind of way) when I rendered my timeline out uncompressed...61gb...
In my case, sound is EXTREMELY important...as you'll see...hear
 
I was wondering what resolutions everyone was going to be submitting at...720 or even 480p, hey? I had a chuckle (in an insane, muttering-under-your-breath kind of way) when I rendered my timeline out uncompressed...61gb...
In my case, sound is EXTREMELY important...as you'll see...hear

I think I am going with 800x450, I tried 720p but was a mess when brought down to meet the requirements.
 
Back
Top