Editing/capturing footage shot on HV20 using FCP

Cineva

New member
I recently shot some beautiful footage using the HV20 in different parts of the world. I was very impressed with the images, however, now that I am trying to capture it in FCP, I am facing some serious problems.

For some reason, once captured, it does not look nearly as great as when I view it on the tape.

If any one has the best capture settings for digitizing 24p HDV into FCP, I would greatly appreciate it.

Secondly, what is the official verdict on HDV and the HV20 - someone told me that its compression is the codec used to compress HDV really limits editing and delivery.

What are the ways to correct this and work with the footage at its beautiful resolution/look in FCP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Veni Vidi Vici codec

Veni Vidi Vici codec

Capture Codec = HDV

Timeline Codec = ProRez HD

Output Codec = H.264 or Blu-ray or SD

Rx
 
Back
Top