DVX addict gets job with only an XL2! Help!

Xtopher

Well-known member
Ok, this has been talked about on these forums, but searching back 10+ pages I still have questions. Basically what I need to know is:

I have been using the DVX 100A for years, and now I may be getting a full time job at a company that only has an XL2. What tips/advice can you guys give me that will help me make the transition to the XL2 better? This is a more broad topic but I have been trying to gather info from many different threads and I still feel like I am not prepared for this...

Thanks!
 
It's a camera. If you can shoot well with one, you can shoot well with the other, it really just comes down to ergonomics. You will probably hate the XL2 lens and it's servo madness and its hand held handling. Other then that, I would just turn down the sharpness and adjust the in-cam settings till you get something you like. As a hardcore DVX user, the XL2 is capable of creating beautiful images, it is much more the eye behind that viewfinder.
 
What will you be shooting? Film-style, documentary, news?
If you're doing film-style, I'm sure you'll enjoy this camera, it has a lot to offer and it's 16x9 (anamorphic).
 
it is all in your directive style, the DVX probably has a little more "out of the box" capabilities as far as the 24pa goes, but the XL2 does have native 16:9 and could probably produce the same results with a little tweaking...

I find myself to also be on the fence, but I've decided a DVX100b with accessories is probably better than an XL2 with non...
 
Well, we have Sony HVR Z1Us now. No more XL2 for me, I tried to tell them to get EX1s but they didn't want to spend the money yet....
 
Back
Top