I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this before, however, on my new HV30 I found that if I choose either the Spotlight or Sunset modes, the AGC is disabled completely! 
The camera will still automatically choose the aperture & shutter settings but geez I much prefer that to having the AGC kick in and turn my shot into a snow storm.
The other thing I noticed is that the colour temp for the Sunset mode seems to be hard set at around 5K whereas the Spotlight setting uses AWB.
Cheers!
The camera will still automatically choose the aperture & shutter settings but geez I much prefer that to having the AGC kick in and turn my shot into a snow storm.
The other thing I noticed is that the colour temp for the Sunset mode seems to be hard set at around 5K whereas the Spotlight setting uses AWB.
Cheers!