connecting 2 monitors to XL H1 - help-

atlfilmguy

Well-known member
I will be AC on a gig coming up in a few days. I have not used the XL-H1 before. My DP has asked me to make sure I can hook up two monitors. One for him on the top of the camera and one for the director.

Is it possible to connect a Marshall HD monitor to go ontop of the camera connected via component. And then a production monitor plugged into the HD/SDI output? Will they work simultaneaously?

Or will I have to chain the other monitor from my Marshall
monitor with component.

Thanks.
 
Yes, all signal outputs are live. I monitor analog HD with the Marshall, and often send an HD SDI feed to the Kona card in my Mac. You can just as easily send the SDI to a properly equipped production monitor.

No worries, they'll both work at the same time.
 
Back
Top