Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 35mm 1.5 Apeture

tihs is my B cam, you might be able to get something like it for 4K + FS body
- Olaf's baseplate, + rails drop down front, L angle rear bracket
- BMD recorder
- Swit batts wth P tap for recorder and screen
- 7" screen
- rods, FF and MB (in acc's case, not shown)
- cables
- ATX 28-70 2.8
- ATX 19-35 3.5
- CY 50 1.7
- 16mm pancake
- Rokinon 35 & 85 1.4
- Tamaron 70-210 3.5
- Lbec head & legs
- hard case for camera
- soft case for acc's

B cam.jpg


i can get more done with this gear than i could with a body + kit lens + $99 tripod + a 4K cine prime and i still have a 50mm Zeiss in the kit

d

Wow nice.
 
High-end_SLR_lens_prototype_01_sm1-622x447.jpg

This looks interesting.

Unveiled at photokina show September, the first prototype of the new high-end lens family gets also lot of attention at PhotoPlus. The 1.4/55 is a high-end SLR lens that offers medium format quality for full-frame SLR cameras. For more information stop by at our booth #1127 or visit our blog:
 
If i have the money I'll buy that lens too, and your visiting two places that I need to go back to visit, we run from vietnam and cambodia to here (US) during the killing field. I never look back til now, I want to go back.
 
I agree with not 'putting your eggs in one basket' so to speak. There's a lot to be said about the glass on any camera but there is SO MUCH you can do with good lighting and your kit lens as well as good quality sound. Indeed CP2's are a quality cine lens and I own 4 but started with the kit lens and a few Canon lenses first. Every shoot we do we control the lighting whether interior or exterior to give the scene what we are trying to convey. But you know that I'm sure.

Good luck with your ventures and the 700....I love mine.
 
If i have the money I'll buy that lens too, and your visiting two places that I need to go back to visit, we run from vietnam and cambodia to here (US) during the killing field. I never look back til now, I want to go back.

The first shot I did when I pick up this camera from Singapore. I was on the street of Bangkok. I had no ideas how to use the camera but I was able to capture this lovely shot. From that moment on I knew I had a great tool in my hand. I don't care if I get beaten up in Vietnam or Cambodia carrying such an expensive camera around everywhere. I want to capture every moments and every scenes even though if my skills are not up to scratch. I love my job because it feed the family but this hobby is the love of my life. I share it with my friends about 350 of them on Facebook. Even just one comment or one like on my video it put a big smile on my face. I just want to shoot and share. I love my camera and I like coming in here asking noobie question 'cause I am a newbie. With the right information from this community and people who are passionate about they tools I believe I will get there.

 
Agreed, don't blow your money on the CP2's. They are nice enough lenses, but not that much better when you could be spending your money in better ways. The last time I shot with CP2's the set didn't even match each other all that great as well.
 
I have a contax zeiss 35mm f1.4, it was a workhorse for a feature (along with the 28,50,85 and 100). The image quality is great however be warned that the price difference you're paying for is not the optical formula but the mechanics - the focus throw of the 35mm f1.4 is really quite small (i'd like to know what the ZF.2 version is like as well), up to 1m it's maybe 20 degrees of travel. For stills that's great but for pulling focus on a moving subject (and if you're moving too) it's, well, somewhere between tough and impossible. So you have to balance the cost of your production compared to saving money on lenses - are you going to save money by not having so many technical re-takes (or the cost of fixing in post)? What's the cost of missing the right performance? Even if you add a follow focus, the throw is still very small. A lot of the time with these still lenses it's better to focus off the barrel. Even the high end FF units have some small backlash and if the focus ring is not really fluid then the FF isn't capable of driving such a small movement in the way that direct contact can.

There is a massive gap in the market for manual lenses *designed* for focus. I don't know if the rokinon 35mm has a good throw or whether the cine version is improved. Ideally one manufacturer should standardise on what the distance marks are for each lens they do...

cheers
paul
 
Thanks for the lovely advise guys. Well I have $2000 Now and by Christmas I should have just over $4000. In mid Jan I am going to Vietnam for 5 days, 2 days in Cambodia to shoot a small documentary about him and his friends building an Orphanage's House for Homeless kids. Another 8 days in Bangkok. I am not a pro. I have never had a video camera before but in less then 2 months I have learn how to use Premier. I have learn difference Technic on how to shoot stuffs. I am not doing this make money. I am just doing this for the love of film. I think I will have a looks at the Rokinon 24mm and 35mm, the 85mm. Just like the lovely advise I get from everyone. I think I might get one good tripod and one good shoulder rig also. As for an external monitor, light etc. I might wait till march where I will have another $3000. I am glade I made the right decision in buying the FS700. Thanks again.


How do you think the Rokinon would intercut with the Zeiss?
 
Hi Paul. Sorry I haven't answer you soon enough. Been busy working hard and saving money. I also been monitoring the news about the F5 F55 and the RED Price drop. Such an exciting time to be a a film maker. I did some research about the Rokinon on youtube and vimeo and a few review from difference website. It is very cheap compare to the Canon or the Zeiss...It is only about $400. Very tempting. A third of the cost of the Canon 35mm.
 
I just got three of these Rokinon's. It was out of curiosity mostly, but I have to say I am impressed with the build quality and image quality...especially considering the price.

Now I just hope they finish the line up with a 50mm and 85mm, and a 100mm would be nice.
 
Back
Top