Clarification Please...

BillP

Well-known member
I've been reading info on the HV20 for a couple hours now and I can't figure out something...

If I shoot something with the HV20 in 24p mode, can I digitize the footage right into FinalCut as I do with the DVX?

Or is it more complicated than that?

I have no experience with HDV.


Thanks for answers,


-BillP
 
yes, you can. but you will have to run the footage through cinema tools to extract the 24 progressive frames. it's just like your DVX's standard 24P mode, not like 24PA where you can drop the extra frame on the fly as you capture.
 
Thanks, but
I'm still not entirely clear...

So can I have the "24p Look" (standard 24p) without having to extract through cinema tools?
Just like standard 24p on the DVX(F5 on the dial).

I never use 24PA with my DVX, just 24p.


-BillP
 
Last edited:
yes, in very simple terms, it does the in-camera "telecine" spreading 24 frames across 30. this will give you the film motion look you're familiar with on the DVX.
 
Thanks Zak,
So Final Cut can handle 24p from the HV20 no problem then, no workarounds needed?


-Bill
 
Last edited:
You do have to remove the 3:2 pulldown from the HDV footage but you can't do this in a normal FCP timeline because there's no preset for it (yet). That's why you have to run it through cinema tool first.
 
Back
Top