Cineform Question???

Back in 2010 I did some 30 second national spots for AARP. I used a few different cams on the job and so I used the old cineform converter on the footy before I started editing (forget the name but it was the stuff that cast $129... NEO maybe???)
It's been a while since then, but they contacted me about re editing some stuff, so I said sure. Luckily, I still have the source files and PP.Prproj.

The problem is...I've since upgraded both editing boxes to PP CS6 and a new machines. When I tried to open the PP.prproj it says it needs to upgrade the proj file to the newer version of PP CS6 (No Problem) but then it says it can't open the source files because it's missing a third party component. ( I took this to mean the cineform converter prog. which I didn't reinstall on the new boxes and I can't locate the old software.)

Wasn't there some kind of file / codec or something that would allow you to play (but not convert) .avi files made (or converted to) cineform format?

I'd obviously not like to buy the prog again just to be able to play (and be able to export from) this one project.

I couldn't find it on the new site since they combined with go pro...
 
Back
Top