Steven,
Gosh, have I been around the block this last week studying and researching HD cameras to the best of my limited technical abiliities, so your post was/is a breath of fresh air! (And also those of the others... Have a feeling this forum is going to expand fairly rapidly...)
As you write, "...the underdog Canon", pretty much my feelings as I eliminated the JVC, and seemed to have to end up with the HVX by default.
My primary need for a HD camera will be to start shooting stock footage, so a real lens has been something I just am accustomed to, from many years as a still photographer, shooting films, and, now, video. I have never used auto focus on my Nikons or in video.
The lack of a lens control is really a big issue for me. The P2 prices are excessive and the short time before changing them seem ludicrous to me.
So I have been in a bind. Research just did not provide what I considered a camera which would meet most of my needs.
Until this. Now, I will spend the next few days climbing the Learning Curve Ladder, so please be patient if you all get what appear to be questions which are obvious to most.
First question: Anyone in North Bay of San Francisco have one? Actually, I will post a new thread with this...
#2: What else is needed to make this camera work with FCP, and is this combination recommended?
Thank you,
Stuart
www.vineyardvideo.com
707 591-9999
Gosh, have I been around the block this last week studying and researching HD cameras to the best of my limited technical abiliities, so your post was/is a breath of fresh air! (And also those of the others... Have a feeling this forum is going to expand fairly rapidly...)
As you write, "...the underdog Canon", pretty much my feelings as I eliminated the JVC, and seemed to have to end up with the HVX by default.
My primary need for a HD camera will be to start shooting stock footage, so a real lens has been something I just am accustomed to, from many years as a still photographer, shooting films, and, now, video. I have never used auto focus on my Nikons or in video.
The lack of a lens control is really a big issue for me. The P2 prices are excessive and the short time before changing them seem ludicrous to me.
So I have been in a bind. Research just did not provide what I considered a camera which would meet most of my needs.
Until this. Now, I will spend the next few days climbing the Learning Curve Ladder, so please be patient if you all get what appear to be questions which are obvious to most.
First question: Anyone in North Bay of San Francisco have one? Actually, I will post a new thread with this...
#2: What else is needed to make this camera work with FCP, and is this combination recommended?
Thank you,
Stuart
www.vineyardvideo.com
707 591-9999