Canon 7D, meet the 4K MegaTrumpets res chart

Well I don't feel alone! :) As I said, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this camera. Most of the time I get great shots and at the price, you are absolutely right!

I *really* hope the magic lantern people keep diving in deeper on the 7D and 5D, as I am sure they will be able to figure out some simple improvements to help the camera even more.

For all my tests I have been using a 30mm F1.4 Sigma lens. I am going to try and do some shots tonight of far off buildings and see what I can get with and without the filter.

I am also going to try and pick up a Marshal monitor in the not too distant future and try using it's zoom in function (which someone told me it had) to see if I can preview the movies after I shoot them to check for Moire.

Given the Caprcok 2.0 doesn't seem to affect sharpness very much, it might just get left on for awhile and see if I am happier with the results.

Like you, also, I just want people to be aware of the problem so they don't get burned. The 7D is a holdover for me till the Scarlet comes out, then I will be switching and using the 7D for super shallow DoF shots which it is SO good at! :)
 
Back
Top