DVX100Shooter
Veteran
I just watched the DVD for the movie "The Fighting Temptations". The opening scene starts out with a Aerial shot from a helicopter with the wescam or similiar stabilizer camera flying over a wooded area with a white church being the focal point of where the camera is taking you.
Once the helicopter gets close to the church the camera begins to pan down with a slow push as well.
Then it goes to what looks like a Crane shot that continues to drop down and still pushing in slowly. Once the camera is almost to street level, it looks they used a stedicam move and walked right up to 2 kid actors sitting on the steps of the church talking. There were NO dissolves but 1 complete shot.
Now unless they did some serious frame blending and effects how did they go from the Helicopter, to a Crane, to a Stedicam in what looks like 1 complete shot?
I watched the scene several times and focused on the background to see if I noticed anything that twitched or jumped to the next edit but I couldn't pick up anything. It really looked like one complete shot.
Once the helicopter gets close to the church the camera begins to pan down with a slow push as well.
Then it goes to what looks like a Crane shot that continues to drop down and still pushing in slowly. Once the camera is almost to street level, it looks they used a stedicam move and walked right up to 2 kid actors sitting on the steps of the church talking. There were NO dissolves but 1 complete shot.
Now unless they did some serious frame blending and effects how did they go from the Helicopter, to a Crane, to a Stedicam in what looks like 1 complete shot?
I watched the scene several times and focused on the background to see if I noticed anything that twitched or jumped to the next edit but I couldn't pick up anything. It really looked like one complete shot.