C300 crashing After Effects CS6 !?

hemophilia

Well-known member
Hey gang--

Anyone successfully using Canon C300 footage in CS6? It consistently crashes our systems here. We have four different computers, with slightly different hardware, and we get the crash on all of them.

I've noticed that if we delete/hide the "INDEX.MIF" file that is in the "CLIPS001" folder, AE works fine. That's the file that has info on spanned clips, so Premiere needs it and uses it. We can't just go tossing that file. But so long as the file is there, ANY C300 footage (spanned or not spanned clips) crashes AE CS6 within a few seconds of working with it.

CS5.5 works just fine.

Does ANYONE have C300 footage (in its original folder structure) working in AE6? Thanks for any ideas.

-Kevin
www.crisislab.com
 
I've had no problems with C300 footage in AE CS6 via Premiere CS6 trough Dynamic Link. Will try importing directly into AE.
 
I've tried importing the .mxf file straight into AE, straight from the CONTENTS folder on my media raid. This works fine. If I however try to import the entire CONTENTS folder I get a fatal MXF importer error and AE only ingests the .mxf file. I'm on Mountain Lion, CS6 Master Collection with everything up to date.
 
Thanks for the help RebelFilm.

Yeah I'm getting it via dynamic link AND if I just import the .mxf. I am on Windows though. Maybe it's a Windows-only bug? Anyone out there with a Windows machine manage to use C300 in CS6?

-Kevin
www.crisislab.com
 
Back
Top