C-Mount

roxics

Veteran
The camera does have interchangeable lens mounts right?

If so would it be possible to use a C-Mount on the camera for shooting in a windowed mode? I know the C-Mount comes pretty close to the sensor surface.
 
yes... if you look at the front of the camera (which can change at any point) it has a large bolted on mount, you can swap that one out for different mounts. The current "simple" flat plate is cool because it also allows you to take it to a machine shop and get them to do a custom job if Red doesnt make what you need.
 
Cool. Yeah I didn't expect the RED team would make such a mount. I just wanted to know if it would be possible. I was a little curious because I know it would cover up part of the sensor and I know it's pretty close, so I didn't know if there would be any issues with scratching the sensor with such a mount.

Sounds like it'll work out though. Good to hear.
 
cmounts are half the length of PL mounts, so getting closer is what you want to worry about, not getting too close.
 
Back
Top