Burning movie

Robbie Comeau

Como's back. back again
Guys, I've been a bad speller, so I will try to do my best. I am currently shooting a movie with my friend, a Drama. An AG-DVX100B is being used to make this a successful film. One problem. When I export this mother, it's gonig to be well over 4.7 gigs. And DVD's maximum size are 4.7 gigs. Aren't they? I would like this movie to be FULL quality, so obviously were talking huge gigs here. The movie will be about an hour long, maybe more. And there aren't any big special effects. So should I either

-Find a DVD that holds like 10 gigs of footage, and burn it 100 times on my Mac.
-Go downtown Toronto, find a distributer, and get him to do it and pay him?

thanks!
 
You won't be playing back a DVD at full-quality. MPEG-2 compression is just the nature of the beast when it comes to preparing files for DVD's. Your workflow will hinge on how you're authoring and compressing the film for the DVD.

Are you using Final Cut and DVD Studio Pro?

Do you have the funds for someone to encode it for you?

Just think about what you mean when you say you'd "like this movie to be FULL quality".

I'm looking at a few major Hollywood DVD's as I type this and they, too, are indeed compressed. They have to be compressed to get to DVD.....

"Apocalypto" = 6.70 gigs
"Breach" = 7.66 gigs
"Peaceful Warrior" = 7.85 gigs

And on and on and on.......
 
well. the only way to get a "full lentgh" dvd is to get a multi-layer burner and multi-layered discs. (dvd-r+) they hold roughly 8-9GB...
 
well, wuts the best setting to expoirt, so i can fit it on a 4.7 GIG, and not lost alot of quality, that u wud notice, i meen, its a dvx, i wanna show its amazing picture
 
well, wuts the best setting to expoirt, so i can fit it on a 4.7 GIG, and not lost alot of quality, that u wud notice, i meen, its a dvx, i wanna show its amazing picture

Where are you showing this film?

Is your computer capable of burning Double-Layer DVDs?
 
Back
Top