Bogen 503 vs Bogen 503HDV vs Bogen 516

I have the 501 which is the same head with lighter legs, and it's way cheaper. I love it, the head is amazing. The 501 is only $270.
 
No, the 501 is NOT the same head as the 503! How stupid would it be to sell the SAME heads just with different numbers at different prices. Think a little bit about that.
 
Buying a tripod is a difficult purchase because to get anything really good you have to spend much more than anyone wants to. For the money, this kit is a good purchase. I think you'll be happy with it. It won't be the same as the $1000 and up sticks. But, anything less than this will most likely be a disappointment. By the way, I also recently purchased this after agonizing over the choices for months. I'm happy with my purchase.
 
Thanks folks - I went to our local camera rental place and rented the 501 (they didn't have the 503) for the weekend for 20 bucks - next I'll try the sachtler. Seems like an inexpensive way to test the differences out before buying. Having just worked with handheld action, the bogen seemed pretty nice but I need to measure it against a better model.
 
Back
Top