Birger Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an iPhone app developer myself, and a programmer in general at times, I would stay away from bluetooth altogether. I am REALLY disappointed with it's performance on EVERY phone, headphones, computer, keyboard, mouse, etc I have used. I don't like the standard and it's always plagued with issues.

That said, I use apps on my iPad that communicate over Wi-Fi that I've done events with 300-400 people and NEVER had a lost connection. I use the iPad as a control interface to control a computer doing videos etc. LOTS of communication back and forth. If I were working on something that used the iPhone or iPad to control remote features on a camera, I would DEFINITELY use Wi-Fi. I also believe one of the future modules for the Red Epic is using Wi-Fi to send data to iPhone/iPad. (I think it is video, but I cannot remember exactly).
i see. wifi it is then. i really have no idea about those technicalitiies. i just remember in the past someone communicating FF through ipad/iphone..
 
Yep... and the Birger was to be ready December 2010, in time for the AF100's release... just disappointing that RED might have a PL adapter close to release, when they didn't even announce it.
 
Also Canon might very well release their version of the AF100 with all the capabilities of the Birger build right in before Birger gets around to releasing it. I really think they making a huge mistake with these delays.
 
The Red Canon mount is a complete mount, not an adapter. Not that I think that changes anything.

Wouldn't that be crazy, Red releasing something "earlier". :shocked:
 
Mount... adapter... when it takes "60-90" seconds to remove it and leave the PL mount intact and ready to go...

I am curious about the programming though. Did RED get a hand in speaking Canon's protocol? ...and if so, from whom, Birger, Sigma, Tokina, maybe even Canon?

Anywhoo, what'd be crazier is if an Epic + Canon moundapter was released sooner, and under $10K.
 
I got an email from someone at Boston Rule who told me he was getting an update last Wednesday, & that he could square me away with a preorder if I didn't already have one. When I requested confirmation that I would be able to get a refund if things were delayed more than I was willing to wait, I got no reply.

Does anyone have experience with these guys? Are they taking people's money without hope of refund if things aren't what we expected (as in a July 2012 ship date)?
 
Wow! Got an e-mail from Boston Rule, and they said they are not taking any more money for pre-orders because of the delays from Birger. However, they sent me a quote, and said they would put me on the waiting list. They said Birger are still at the stage where prototypes are in the field being tested for issues, but no other updates on shipping yet. Keeping my fingers crossed as I have some big shoots coming up, and it would be such a great addition!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top