Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It just goes to show you that CMOS is the greatest technology in the world!!!!!....... if everything stays perfectly still.
(when is CMOS going to get a global shutter anyway?)
Perroneford:
Don't get me wrong, the EX-1 is a fantastic camera. I'd buy one in a second if the HMC150 didn't exist, and no doubt the EX-1 is way sharper. But I haven't run into any realworld smear issues, whereas it seems like rolling shutter is much more concerning, again, in the real world.
I don't think I've been fortunate. I simply bought a camera that was suited to what I shoot. 99% of what I shoot is either corporate, architectural, or interview. If I was primarly shooting action narrative, I would have made a different choice.
I am curious to your comment about Sony applying a lot of sharpening. Hopefully, you didn't just shoot with the camera out of the box. These camera's need to be tweaked prior to use. There is no sharpening in my picture profiles, and frankly, I feel my footage looks wonderful, as have my clients. I am currently working with one in a different capacity this month, and he stil lcan't stop raving about the commercial I shot for him in the spring. I had dolly shots, cranes, horiz. and vert. pans, etc. Footage came out beautifully.
There is no ONE camera that works for every workflow, every budget, every person.