Best Motion Control Sliders for Timelapse with Canon 5D Mark IV?

Budgieboots

Well-known member
Hello!

I am in the market for a motion control slider to use with DSLR cameras (in my case, Canon 5D Mark IV).

Something to make really spectacular landscape timelapse videos in urban environments, and have pan/tilt with it, so I can transition between objects of interest (different skyscrapers at various heights).

I see ads all the time for Edelkrone's products, but are they the only game in town? Their ads are pretty slick.

For many years, I've used a vanilla Cinevate Atlas 10, 35 inch, circa 2011 -- and felt it was time to upgrade.

Any recommendations would be welcome.

Thank you.
 
Surely the first question is why you want to "upgrade"

Too short? Too bendy? No motion control?

And can cinevate not offer an upgrade?
 
Thanks for the tips everyone.

After conducting more research on the options, seems like the the new Syrp Genie II is pretty good.
I didn't realize it, but they say you can adapt it to existing sliders you can already own, which means I can use it with my older Cinevate Atlas 10.

Cinevate did have a motion control upgrade for the Atlas 10, but from what I could tell, "Moco" is only 1 axis -- whereas these other brands were offering versatile and portable 3 axis solutions.
 
Back
Top