Barrys Book Now Shipping!

Barry_Green said:
Tracking info is e-mailed automatically via the US Postal Service.

Got to hand-deliver a copy today. To Peter Jackson. :thumbsup:

Barry, could you confirm that all books were shipped next day delivery?

I received my book yesterday, Sunday. Wow, I didn't know the USPS hand-delivered on Sundays. And WOW what a great resource. I've already learned so much. Thanks a bazillion Barry!! :)

David S. said:
Barry, could you confirm that all books were shipped next day delivery?
Not all were sent out next-day, only those ones that were paid for before we could actually ship them. Orders that came in after the books were officially in stock were sent out via regular Priority Mail.

Glad to see they finally delivered yours though!

Mine came today as well. The DVD holder had come lose from its glue and was hanging out of the book. No biggie, but a little further and a careless Post Office would've broken the DVD.

Barry and Jarred,
I got my book yesterday.Totally excited! My mailman offered an appology to me today for the delayed delivery and informed me that you guys can request a refund for the express fee if you're so motivated. It's owed to you.
Cheers,

Barry's book arrived on July 4! I was amazed that USPS Priority get delivered on holidays.

I've had a chance to read the book from cover to cover. In my opinion it's a must have for all HVX200 owners.

I'm totally amazed and extremely thankful for all of the help I've received in my migration from SD(DVX's) to HD(HVX's). I'd been reading about the HVX since NAB 2005. At NAB 2006 I finally got to see what the camera could do. It was great that Barry and Noah Kadner were working in the Panasonic booth. They're both great people. Their desire to share their incredible bank of knowledge with everybody is nothing short of amazing to me. I also was lucky enough to meet Jan. She's a great lady and it's obvious how much she really cares about our success with the HVX.

Our conversations at the booth helped me make my decision. I was fortunate to catch a great deal with Samy's Camera at NAB. I bought two HvX's for $5100. 00 each. I put 3 DVX's up on ebay. They sold for over $2000.00 each. It show just how good the Panasonic camera are, they definitely hold their value.

A week later I attended the Las Vegas Bootcamp and met the rest of the team. It was an amazing day. The rest of my questions were answered.

Now it's July 7 I've completed the transition to HD. I've shot two DVD projects so far in 720P. Even though our delivery is SD .mpeg2 the final pictures are still awesome.
We've added an AJA LH card and the Panasonic LH1700W to the workstation. We're shooting two cameras through MacBook Pros direct to Firewire drives.

The workflow is staggering. I'm saving HOURS by not having to batch capture from tape. The pictures are simply incredible.

The reason I'm writing all of this is simply to say a big THANK YOU to Barry, Jarred, Noah, Evin and everybody that is part of this phenomenal community. My transition to HD has been painless due to all of your help.

Barry's book is icing on the cake...

I am going to get the book either way, but does the Panasonic rebate apply on new HVX200 purchases or just the ones purchased before the book was released?

I am going to be ordering my camera next week and if the rebate will apply I might wait to get the book that way. If it doesn't I will go ahead and order it. I went back though all the posts but I wasn't sure.

Best,
Chuck

Barry,
We asked once but think it got buried.
Did you intentionally stop the Index at R-Ray light? Or should there be more?

TedRR said:
Barry,
We asked once but think it got buried.
Did you intentionally stop the Index at R-Ray light? Or should there be more?
I have no doubt that the Index isn't complete - just think about matters like scene files, tape etc. Barry - I wonder if you could publish the missing part as pdf-file. By the way - the book is more than worthwhile.

ChuckJr said:
I am going to get the book either way, but does the Panasonic rebate apply on new HVX200 purchases or just the ones purchased before the book was released?

It will apply to any purchase new or old, as long as it is a US Authorized HVX, which basically means you should take care to purchase from an authorized dealer.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan_Crittenden said:
It will apply to any purchase new or old, as long as it is a US Authorized HVX, which basically means you should take care to purchase from an authorized dealer.

Thanks,

Jan

Thanks Jan! I will definitely be sure to go through an authorized dealer.

Okay, getting to the bottom of this index thing; it's been very slow because I'm 9,000 miles away and that's complicating matters, but: yes it's a problem, the printer left out the last page(!) I am having replacement pages printed. Until that happens, yes I can release a graphic of the last page. Sorry 'bout this happening!

http://www.fiftv.com/HVX200/HVXBook-LastPage.JPG

thanks barry.. see what happens when you leave to NZ to play for a couple weeks.. all hell breaks loose and your printer starts rolling cigars with the last pages of the book.

Barry_Green said:
yes it's a problem, Sorry 'bout this happening!
It's not a big deal by any means. I was just looking for confirmation.
Thanks for the info. I'll print the page when it's ready. No biggie.

Jarred Land said:
thanks barry.. see what happens when you leave to NZ to play for a couple weeks.. all hell breaks loose and your printer starts rolling cigars with the last pages of the book.

Yep.

But it's the stuff the printer is putting into those cigars that's caused the problem in the first place! ;-)

Back