Awake in the Woods - My DIY camera crane/jib Short

krotoflik

Active member
Hey everyone, this is a demo I put together of me using only the camera mounted to my camera jib I built. As for specs it will reach approximately 8ft (depending on tripod height), can fit in a small car and should only cost $20 or less. I will create a tutorial later on, but wanted to test it out first and make adjustments if needed. Thanks for watching.


Here is the thread with the tutorial to watch the build: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?283230-KrotoCrane-20-DIY-camera-crane-jib
 
Last edited:
Not bad at all! If its really $20, I would really like to see that tutorial!

Thanks, I am currently testing a couple modifications at the moment before creating the DIY. But it should definetely be about $20. Maybe less, :O who knows. ;)
 
some of the shots are lovely. how did you do focus pulls while on the crane?

;) You are not the only one who has asked me that. Its pretty straight forward, but I will discuss that once I create the tutorial. So be on the look out! :D I think today I might finish the changes then I can test and confirm things are good to go. This coming weekend I have free so I will shoot for the DIY then. Thanks!
 
Did you make that tutorial yet on the Diy

Hey man, well I did finish the changes and I am much more satisfied with it now. I will try and shoot the tutorial tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully have everything together for a Monday upload. Even with the improved changes its still only $20 or less. Thanks!
 
Here is a link to a quick first look video of the crane / jib before I complete the tutorial. The video was only shot with a kodak z812 IS. Feel free to post a question or comment.

 
Last edited:
Looks good to me; How portable is it? I mean it doesn't look like anything that will collapse into a bag, but could it pretty easily be disassembled and tossed in a minivan?
 
Thanks guys. Yeah, it would easily fit in a van. I can fit it in my saturn sl no problem simply folding down the back seat and through the trunk. No need to disassemble. Still working on the tutorial. I shot a majority of it this weekend but had an interesting time getting other shots I needed. So hopefully soon. I think I need a second person to hold the camera so I can demonstrate things properly. Thanks guys.
 
Back
Top