Authorized Dealers - Where to buy

NO!!!!!!
NOT THE CLUNKING NOISE!!
It is terrible that you got one of those cameras that clunk on you.
Pany should be ashamed of themselves for making such an inferiour product that all their cameras clunk.
 
The "Clunk" is NOT A PROBLEM.
There is no need to return your camera, you can relax. It's part of the Optical Image Stabilizer which is free to move when not powerd. :thumbsup:

More information here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=48809

Consider yourself lucky. We used to have a *lot* of fun screwing with newbies who asked about the clunk. But too many people actually freaked out and started calling Panasonic that we have had to back off. You are the FIRST person to ask about this under the new rules. Congratualtions, and welcome to DVXuser!

The "P" stands for "Pacific", meanign that it's a Pacific reagion, NTSC, camera. If you are in the US this is the camera you want to have. No go out and get shooting!

- Mikko
 
Last edited:
Is the clunking a common problem? I was pretty disappointed by
the flimsiness of the camera when I had it in my hands.
 
It did seem to be in the lens area.
B&H told me to bring the camera back. Wouldn't it make sense for
Panasonic to write something about the stabilizer in the beggining
of the manual? I'll give the camera a run. I didn't want to do
anything that would limit my ablitity to return it.
 
It's not even a problem. EVERY DVX and HVX clunks when teh camera is off - in fact most cameras with OIS clunk, but motly much much quieter then the DVX/HVX.

As soon as you turn on the camera (into camera mode) the clunk will go away.

Yeah it could be a little further forward in the manual, but it's a "touble shootign" issue, so that's where it is in the manual. It's always a good idea to read the whole manual anyway.
And it is the very first article in Barry Green's DVX book.

B&H are so big that they don't really know all there is to know about their products.

Read around the forum and you can find stories on how (NOT) "flimsy" the DVX is. They tend to surevive almost anything!

- Mikko
 
thank you Mikko.
You saved me a trip into the city.
I will run over the camera as soon as I get off this site.
I'm also very glad to hear you do NOT think the camera is Flimsy.
I did reseach the sturdiness of it before buying but, when I had it in
my hands with the "clunk" and the extreme lightweight feel I thought
I had made a mistake. I'm used to pretty heavy film cameras.
Once again...thank you.
 
Hay... You gave it away!

I was going to tell him after a bit of messing with him. :o)

(And these are great cameras!! I'm getting ready to buy my B version. Just sold my original version from three years ago.)
 
pud said:
Is the clunking a common problem? I was pretty disappointed by
the flimsiness of the camera when I had it in my hands.

The camera is very sturdy and well-made. The "clunk" noise is perfectly normal! It is the optical image stabilizer, which is free to move, when the camera is turned off, or in VCR mode. Every DVX/HVX/GS has done this from eternity.

Congrats on a solid purchase and Welcome!
 
All these dealers are charging way to high

I tried and buy one today at studio-exchange in person, and they wanna charge me tax, TAX!

:furious3:
 
Just posting more praise for EVS. Tommy hooked me up with the DVX and some miscellaneous accessories. I agonized the night before about saving some cash and buying from buydig, but Tommy and the guys at EVS have left me with no regrets. Also, I got to play with mics way too expensive for me to buy. :)
 
antidrew said:
Just posting more praise for EVS. Tommy hooked me up with the DVX and some miscellaneous accessories. I agonized the night before about saving some cash and buying from buydig, but Tommy and the guys at EVS have left me with no regrets. Also, I got to play with mics way too expensive for me to buy. :)


Thank you for your business, sir! Remember, I learned from the best (Rush)!

Regards,
Tommy Mack
EVS
 
FilmMakerr said:
Has anyone shopped from Abe's of Maine?


Could be a gray market camera, I have seen more from them that are. If the price is too good, it is probably gray.

Best,

Jan
 
Last edited:
Hi Jan, is Barry's book still included with the purchase? I've had MB for years and actually prefer Nattress for the color presets, so I don't care about the software. Just wondering if the book's included since I see y'all are doing the rebates again. We're finally able to buy the cam after sitting on the sidelines every since I saw it at DV EXPO East that first year.
 
Back
Top