Any way to get 1920x1080-image from D810 on 1920x1200 screen via HDMI?

stoppingby

Active member
Is there any way to send a 1920x1080-image from D810 to a 1920x1200 screen via HDMI?

Or do I simply have to buy a 1920x1080 screen?

(Currently, the image fills the entire screen, meaning that the right and left edges are cut off, so it can't be used for composing the image.)
 
If it's a consumer TV, there may be a setting, but I can't think of any TVs that aren't either 1080 or 720. there are all sorts of computer monitors though.

No setting in the monitor to shrink the image? You could poke around Black Magic and those sorts of vendors, but you'd probably be better off buying a screen you can use without an extra attachment and the cables, mounting and power that would need.

If this is just for a director's screen or similar, you can get a 720 or 1080 HDTV or computer monitor and be good to go, though that will get you in the 20" realm (but affordably). If it's a production monitor, there's world of choices out there, I'm sure you know the range of quality, size and features available.

If you're doing this for a living, I'd really suggest you think of the features you need and get something right for the job. It will likely outlive your next several body upgrades and do until you absolutely need a 4K screen on set. (Which may be never).
 
Thank you for your elaborate reply, Michael - much appreciated!

You're right, I need another monitor, I can see that now.

It's just that I've used the same screens for years and know them so well. So I hoped there were some way to make the camera export the footage in its native aspect ratio. But that would probably just annoy somebody else ('how do I remove these ugly black bars above and below the image?' :cry::cheesy:). You can't please everyone...
 
Back
Top