Animation rendering

goldyprog

Active member
Any news/signs of Redcode's integration with rendering from current animation systems? The reason I ask-- 4K @ 23 MB VBR compression holding up.... this, at least to me, is extraordinary to rendering animation set-ups. I can only imagine the potential improvements of workflow speed.
 
Has Redcode been tested with CGI stuff at all? Compression methods that are designed for natural photographic images do not necessarily fare so well with artificially generated material; JPEG being a case in point, at least at the higher compression levels.
 
goldyprog said:
Any news/signs of Redcode's integration with rendering from current animation systems? The reason I ask-- 4K @ 23 MB VBR compression holding up.... this, at least to me, is extraordinary to rendering animation set-ups. I can only imagine the potential improvements of workflow speed.


Unless you're doing Flash based animation, why would you want to render compressed?

Animation is going to be render intensive, not because of the codec, but because what you are creating in the scene.
 
Sarmoti said:
Use JPEG 2000 if you want to use Wavelet compression for animation.

But the Quicktime implementation of JPEG2000 is as far as I'm aware 8-bit only.

I know REDCODE RAW is for RAW Bayer footage only, but what about REDCODE RGB (which obviously none of us have seen yet)? It seems as if REDCODE could become our codec of coice for editing, and if so it would be useful to be able to use it for material not originated with the Red One.

Alpha channel support is useful, but not vital. You can always render a 'split alpha' (a second b/w movie containing the matte).

Nick
 
We're all going on a lot of assumptions and unknowns at this point, but I rather like Nicks ideas regarding REDCODE RGB... I wouldn't mind being able to encode into that codec, and with an optional alpha as well... yes indeed...
 
i would love to have a codec thats good enough for working in low bitrate but high quality just like REDCODE RGB. Adding alpha would be really nice. i´m just so tired om uncompressed, so much data to store...
 
A redcode RGB codec might be very useful for compositing red footage with 3d elements. It would help keep all the pieces within the red domain.

Cheers,
Pete
 
Back
Top