Alexandria in Hi-Def with Letus35FE

vsansal

Well-known member
I made this clip with my HV20 + Letus35FE + Canon 50mm f1.8FD lens + poor man's Steadycam combination. The original clip was around 12 minutes long but I had to cut it to make the size reasonable. I am putting 2 versions. One is 1080p with 6.5 Mbps bitrate and the other is 720p with 3.5 Mbps bitrate. They are both 24p. I shot it using 24p and cine mode with 1/48 shutter speed. I've used TMPGenc 4 Xpress to remove the pulldown and then do the editing in vegas 7. There is no color correction, it is out of the camcorder. The reason there is no CC is my computer cannot handle it.

The preview of the clips are squeezed to fit it in a 4:3 aspect ratio. The clips are 16:9.


720p 95MB

1080p 173MB
 
I wish I could put the original clip. I made an HD-DVD out of it and it looks much more better when I watch it with my HDTV.
 
Nice clip. I have a similar setup like yours but I haven't used them together yet. How do you like the steady cam? Can it handle the HV20 and the adapter well? Please post a picture of your setup if you can.
 
I will post some pictures. I think the camcorder + letus35FE + lens + lens support makes it too heavy for the steady cam. It is working much more better with only HV20. I think I need to add more weight. I have 2,5lb and 5lb would perform better but I am not sure if I can hold it for too long. Even this setup starts to feel too heavy after 10-12 minutes. So I don't think I will add more weight.
 
I've tried to use the steady cam alone and it was really heavy. I'm not sure if I can hold the same setup like yours for more than 10 minutes :-). Were you able to pull the focus while filming?
 
Well it is not easy to pull the focus while holding the steadycam unless I put it somewhere and use it as a monopod. Also I am leaving the IAF on which makes focusing a little easier and gives me some room for error.
 
Yeah I can imagine how hard it is to pull the focus with the steadycam. I'm suprised to know that the IAF works for you when you have the adapter on. It doesn't work for me. The pictures are not crisp. I have to use manual focus all the time.
 
If you have a faster lens than f1.8 that may be the reason. The faster it gets the harder to focus.
 
Back
Top