Ad Infinitum

Zoidoid

Well-known member
AdInfinitumPoster.png



A Few Unfinished Screens


Screen1.png


Screen2.png


Screen3.png
 
Last edited:
5.18.08

We shot this weekend! All day Saturday and a handful of hours on Sunday. Things went well! I haven't had a chance to look over all the footage, but it looks quite pretty. I should be able to post a few stills in the next couple of days. Hooray!

5.08.08

A few quick updates, mostly just to announce that we're still alive:

* Added a few crew members to the roster below.
* Shooting dates confirmed for the 17th and 18th of this month.

4.27.08

Now that the film is officially underway, I thought it would be a good time to announce ourselves properly.
Ad Infinitum is our six-minute homage to classic science fiction stories.

We'll be posting more information in the coming weeks. Until then, here's the current cast and crew information:


CAST

HeadShot_Jono.png

Jono Mason as Rick

HeadShot_Karl.png

Karl Hammerle as Noam


CREW
Olivia Kuan
Director of Photography

Pete Snyder
Sound Recordist

Bernard Hunt
Gaffer

Joseph Jesselli
Props Master

Elliot DiGuiseppi
Assistant Director

Justin Jesselli
Writer/Director
 
Last edited:
Short update to the second post.

Clarkage, ConspiracyPenguin -- thanks, gentlemen, for the welcome! I've been pretty eager to produce something ever since AdFest (which was almost a year ago already). Well, not just "produce something." Of course the goal is to produce something better than the last effort. Or, at very least, just have fun trying.
 
Last edited:
I just wanted to check in and say that we wrapped on Ad Infinitum this afternoon. The shoot went pretty smoothly! After I've had some time to sort through the footage, I'll post some grabs. Very exciting!
 
Hey! This is long overdue. I added three unfinished screen grabs to the first post. I tried to choose shots that give away as little as possible. We'll continue to post more bits of information as the fest draws to a close.

Thanks for checking in on us!
 
Thanks for your interest, guys!

It's interesting how much different these screen grabs look on my laptop than on my desktop. I'm just now noticing this. I naively assumed that if I did color correction work on one LCD screen it would be "good enough." But now I'm noticing that the difference can be pretty drastic.

What do you guys use for a reference monitor if you don't have ... well, a reference monitor? What if I hooked up my computer to my TV? It's a CRT HDTV. Would that provide more reliable results? Curious.
 
Thanks for your interest, guys!

It's interesting how much different these screen grabs look on my laptop than on my desktop. I'm just now noticing this. I naively assumed that if I did color correction work on one LCD screen it would be "good enough." But now I'm noticing that the difference can be pretty drastic.

What do you guys use for a reference monitor if you don't have ... well, a reference monitor? What if I hooked up my computer to my TV? It's a CRT HDTV. Would that provide more reliable results? Curious.

I hook up to my HDTV and calibrate that.

Your grabs look like Primer. The actors even look like the Primer guys. Is this intentional? :)
 
I really liked that.

Ending was just awesome. Acting was believable and shot selection/lighting was nice.

Really good story in my opinion. Great work. Can't wait to see what you make next.
 
And rolling...

Interesting machine. And man, that math...makes my head hurt just looking at it.

The score was nice. I really liked the dolly move as well.

Great colors. And mise-en-scene. Haha, I like the brilliant line. Acting was nice as well. I like how the score reacts with the action. Very professional. Interesting to know what camera she was shot on.

See, if I was his friend, I would run away when he says try it with me. It gradually builds suspense. And that is fantastic.

Random question, was that a tea kettle that you made the machine with? Probably nothing bad = famous last words.

Very entertaining short. OH NO! Hahaha, loved the ending.

I enjoyed it. Very well shot. Nice writing too.
 
Very good. I understand the ending but I have a few thoughts on it. I'll wait until later to post them and then we can discuss some of the possibilities.

I loved the banter between them as well.

Solid entry!

Mike
 
very cool short! loved the ending. that was great.

the look of the film was very well done. i really enjoyed the lighting. acting was good. cinematography was good. editing was good.

solid short man. great job. i can't wait to see your next film! best of luck to you!
 
Really enjoyed this! The interaction between the characters was believable. I got the sense that these two characters were very different in their approach to ideas and science, but similar in their youthful curiosity.

I liked the simple, but effective camera moves.

The music was my least favorite. After a few minutes it became repetitive, but it was hardly a nuisance.

Overall, I really enjoyed this! As the time machine button was pressed, I was imagining some over the top or catastrophic outcome, but was pleasantly surprised at how simple (and comical) you kept the ending.

Great work!
 
Really really good. Very nice cinematography, acting, writing, and directing. Very funny. I'd been interested to know how exactly you did the last shot.

One complaint would be that I'm not sure about the way you cross the line from the wide shot to their CU shots in the middle of the movie.
 
Back
Top