ccastro
Well-known member
1st, I LOOOVVVEEE this camera :2vrolijk_08:
rogar-BigGrin(DBG).
I bought it when it 1st came out and really haven't used it much because I've been waiting on my P2 cards. I work for a TV station in DC and we use the Panasonic 2000 series cameras, I'm not going to say this is as good, but I showed some of my co workers the footage at DVCPRO HD and they were amazed.
When I told them how much it cost, they wouldn't belive me, lol. They couldn't get passed the fact it looked Proffesional and not like a prosumer camera, no offense.
Anyway, my ? about settings is. Did anyone have a change in the look through the view finder after the firware update?
I noticed a slight almost strobe like effect. It is not reflected in the clips by the way. Also I have some settings that I can't access, they are shaded in blue for some reason. I don't know if I did something wrong while updating.
I'm going to go over the instructions manual to see if theirs something in there, but I figured I'd ask here 1st.
My 2nd ? is, Final cut, Via file and transfer, won't recognize my clips when I shoot in any AVC intra codec, as soon as I switched to DVCPRO HD, boom, their it is.
Is their a way around this AVC intra problem?
I was under the impression that if you recorded AVC intra, you could use apples pro-res to import it. I can't get FCP to recognize the clips in order to convert it to pro-res.
Thanks
I bought it when it 1st came out and really haven't used it much because I've been waiting on my P2 cards. I work for a TV station in DC and we use the Panasonic 2000 series cameras, I'm not going to say this is as good, but I showed some of my co workers the footage at DVCPRO HD and they were amazed.
When I told them how much it cost, they wouldn't belive me, lol. They couldn't get passed the fact it looked Proffesional and not like a prosumer camera, no offense.
Anyway, my ? about settings is. Did anyone have a change in the look through the view finder after the firware update?
I noticed a slight almost strobe like effect. It is not reflected in the clips by the way. Also I have some settings that I can't access, they are shaded in blue for some reason. I don't know if I did something wrong while updating.
I'm going to go over the instructions manual to see if theirs something in there, but I figured I'd ask here 1st.
My 2nd ? is, Final cut, Via file and transfer, won't recognize my clips when I shoot in any AVC intra codec, as soon as I switched to DVCPRO HD, boom, their it is.
Is their a way around this AVC intra problem?
I was under the impression that if you recorded AVC intra, you could use apples pro-res to import it. I can't get FCP to recognize the clips in order to convert it to pro-res.
Thanks