A Girl And Her Zombie

My thoughts, without reading the previous posts: At first I couldn't watch this without it crashing, 'till I recently saw someone mention skipping ahead. Now I can comment on the whole thing ...

Ranked this an average score, as I thought it was a very cute idea & enjoyed the music, but both got REAL old, fast. Too repetetive music, and the idea got tired, just seeing extened scenes of the zombie doing various activities. That said, my favorite was the bike ride, and thought you did a good job with the frig door scene ... taking the head off, then seeing body parts on the ground ... great job with the FX there.
 
The same

The same

I have the same problem. Has anyone fixed this? :( I want to see it!




arielman said:
What I saw I liked BUT QT crashs on me when the little girl goes down the slide .
I'll try agin later and see if it works OK
......................................................................................................................................
A few hours later I tried again , everytime it gets to the girl sliding down QT crashes . I really want to see this short . As for the tennis court scene being too long , Naaaa I keep laughing to myself when I watch it .
.......................................................................................................................................
I tried the VLC player and the same thing happens in the same spot .HHMMM anyone else with this problem?
 
Hi I did a another viewing ..As Envision stated , try skipping that part and it will play OK , it did crash again right at the end though . going to re- watch again. will comment in a short bit.

The opening scene was good , maybe one too many jumps I think . The bicycle ride still makes me smile . The tennis court was good at first and I enjoyed it but after viewing about 6 or 7 times it started to go a little flat , maybe try and shorten it up a little , it is good!!. THE SLIDE ..loved the Zombie going down the slide , he just flows down ...looked good!!..The headless Zombie was a very nice touch ,when the fridge closed and ...then him on the floor ..You must be fans of the "RED GREEN" show cause out came the Duct tape ....yeeehaw the rollercoster ride looked awsum until QT crashed again .Kudos to the girl for I thought was a nice performence .
The only really critisisim I have is the scene where she teases the Zombie with something and he is jumping up and down ...That didn't do much for me I'm afraid .
It is nice to see some alternative shorts here unlike mine ..lol.... Good luck!!!
 
Nice work... very nice visual look and feel. Definitely could have been a bit shorter, but so what? The gags were funny and none lasted too long. Very nice effects with the zombie.

Really nice job!

Robert
 
Overall a very funny piece. The tennis gag went a bit too long, but that's my only criticism. The girl was very good, and the zombie was perfect.

Go northern Utah! While watching your film I thought the scenery looked familiar. I live in Syracuse.
 
Howdy!
It's cool to see someone on this board who lives so close. Maybe we'll hook up for a future DVXuser contest.
 
It's hard to explain why, but I just loved this film.

I wouldn't of thought you could have made a sweet Zombie film, but this was great.

Perhaps a little long and reptitious, but still wonderful and charming overall.

Chris
 
Sam

i think it would be fun. i guess we will have to see what the next contest will be. But would love to work with you.
 
Img -

Like a lot of the others, I loved the zombie and your style of shooting but it did miss a storyline from what I could tell. I understand you were rushed so it would be fun to see what you would come up with if this were not the case.

Grasshopper
 
Back
Top