A Girl And Her Zombie

You did awesome effects, dude! I think it a real shame you did that "no story approach", becase it was so well shot (Bike sequence is a winner!), your zombie was so cool, and the effects were so great (the compositing to the end ir really professional!), that it could be an awesome movie...

I really think that one of the reasons this is funny is because your zombie makeup is so convincing. Still, I though it dragged, for such a simple joke. I wish you could, at least stay introdicing new elements to it, to let it from getting old.

But honeslty I'm very impressed with how polished it is.

PS: How did you shoot the bike sequence? It's so smooth!
 
taubkin

Thanks. we were rushed to do this and it turned out ok. we fit it in between 5 different projects we were woking on i wanted to spend more time but i was running out of time.
i wanted to participate in the contest so i just turned it in.

The bike sequence was shot with a v16 steadi cam in the back of my truck.
 
I just loved this one. The variety of approaches in this contest has been amazing.

I agree with Taubkin, as good as this is, it goes on for a beat too long. A little bit of trimming, get rid of some of the lesser gags, and you got yerself a great flick.

The zombie was fantastic, not only because of the makeup, but he was a talented physical actor. His bike riding, sliding, stumbling had me in stiches. And the girl played it just right, too.

Well done!
 
That was just SO DAMN CUTE. I really liked it. It's my girlfriend's favorite so far, I've walked into the room and seen her watching it like 3 times.

There were some great gags, my only complaint was that the music got a bit repetitive.

I do enjoy the slapstick humor, but I would have liked to have seen you change it up a bit. There were 3 slide gags, all were funny; but I think one would have sufficed. The tennis part dragged on a bit as well.

From the opening shot, I was engaged. I thought it was hysterical.

Overall: I really enjoyed it. I think it could have been cut down to 2:00-2:30, and it would have helped A LOT. Especially with the repetetiveness of the gags and music.
 
I agree with most...This short was good but just a bit to dragged out. Your Zombie was great and especially made mw laugh. Good Work.
 
I liked this film. Some tighter editing and this one could have been even better. I know that we are all a little dense around here, but think that even I got it after the second or third tennis ball hit to the zombie's head!
 
khmuse said:
I know that we are all a little dense around here, but think that even I got it after the second or third tennis ball hit to the zombie's head!
Oh! Now I get it!
 
I liked this one. It was funny. I would agree that the tennis scene was too long. I would like to have seen more stuff. Some of the shots looked wierd like the second jump rope shot of her, it is a close up of her with the backboard in the background. Maybe it is just lit differently but at first it looked like a blue screen shot.. I think you should have shot the jumping in 60i to avoid the strobing.. Really good idea here.
brian
 
Cute! But like the others said the joke was taken a bit too long. Would have been nice to have more dialogue between the girl and zombie. Could have been a KILLER 3 minute short in it's current flow.
 
It actually looks like you accidentally changed the scene file or something when cutting between some of the tennis shots.

Maybe not?
 
this one was definitely a unique take on Zombies - made me smile, lotsa good gags, but as mentioned it could have been greatly improved by some agressive editing.
One of the few comedies that have actually made me laugh for the right reason ;-)
 
It amazes me when a simplistic idea can make for a great visual...and you've done just that.

That zombie makeup job was easily in the top three of the entire contest.

I only wish that you would have had more time for production...I would have loved to see where you would have gone with this.
 
thanks. I wish i would have had more time we thought of the idea about a week before it was due.
I have enjoyed watching all the other films and to all of you that made one Great job.
 
What I saw I liked BUT QT crashs on me when the little girl goes down the slide .
I'll try agin later and see if it works OK
......................................................................................................................................
A few hours later I tried again , everytime it gets to the girl sliding down QT crashes . I really want to see this short . As for the tennis court scene being too long , Naaaa I keep laughing to myself when I watch it .
.......................................................................................................................................
I tried the VLC player and the same thing happens in the same spot .HHMMM anyone else with this problem?
 
i just checked it and it plays just fine. I will try it on some other machines to see if i can replicate the problem
 
Back
Top