Matt Agnello
Member
I'm trying to track down a way to play back 8mm video for capture and eventually for burning to DVD, but I know so little about the format. I was wondering if someone could answer a couple questions for me.
Edit: Wikipedia's 8mm video page is very helpful, but I'm still lost on the specifics, i.e. should I buy a digital8 player for the greatest flexibility with these tapes, and what disadvantages (if any) would I have to deal with?
- Will a digital8 player/recorder also play video8 and hi8 analog tapes?
- I've read that digital8 recorded onto hi8 tapes, except that it used the DV format instead of the analog format. Did these digital8 recorders use old hi8 analog tapes, or could they only use specific digital8 tapes or hi8 designated for digital use?
- What's the difference between video8, hi8, and (if it exists) the digital8 tapes?
Edit: Wikipedia's 8mm video page is very helpful, but I'm still lost on the specifics, i.e. should I buy a digital8 player for the greatest flexibility with these tapes, and what disadvantages (if any) would I have to deal with?