24p all the time?

Elmer_Lang

Well-known member
I like the 24p in Cinemode. I don't have an HD monitor. I was wondering if there's anything wrong with using 24p all the time and just leaving it in the 60i stream when editing and outputting to web, dvd, minidv. I hear there's problems with WMV but rarely use that.

It looks fine to me. Excepting framerate problems (motion, whatever) I can't 'see' any reason to switch. Or am I wrong?

best,
elmer
 
I like the 24p in Cinemode. I don't have an HD monitor. I was wondering if there's anything wrong with using 24p all the time and just leaving it in the 60i stream when editing and outputting to web, dvd, minidv. I hear there's problems with WMV but rarely use that.

It looks fine to me. Excepting framerate problems (motion, whatever) I can't 'see' any reason to switch. Or am I wrong?

best,
elmer

As you know 24p mode uses 2:3 pulldown method to record 24p in a 60i signal. It repeats 1 frame out of every 4 frames. So it becomes 30p (with the repeated frames).

9e472f3a02a23fa01b2e550375ede4fa.png


314px-32pulldown.svg.png


Then it is separated as odd and even frames and recorded as 60i. If you don't remove the pulldown this means in one second you will have 4 repated frames. If you are not intrested in removing the pulldown, I will suggest you to use 60i mode since you are not really using 24p mode. If you want to eliminate the interlacing artifacts and don't want to deal with 2:3 pulldown removal, record 60i and de-interlace it as 30p.
 
Back
Top