100Mbps Max Latitude Native 24/25p Patch

Hi all,
i need a classic 720 60p in this "100Mb Latitute Patch". I tried to turn down the settings but i discovered errors. Any suggestions to have classic recording mode or a working hacked 60p in this wonderful patch?

Thanks in advance
 
From my post in another thread (which was combined with other questions; nonetheless, off topic for that thread!!..."anyone with thoughts on Max Lat AVCHD with greenscreen?"

OK, so I ran a number of tests with Max Lat and greenscreen using both MJPEG and AVCHD. Testing was done under a variety of conditions (from one hairlight to a full-on setup; 5500K fluros used & white balance done) in a somewhat controlled environment. Keying was done in AE. With a properly lit screen, both keyed fine just using KeyLight; only the test using a very brightly lit greenscreen had some small indication of spill in fine hair area in each case. Both also keyed virtually the same with the screen not so properly lit. What was noticeable however is that the AVCHD footage was somewhat brighter which I would attribute to the Max Lat capability. It should be noted that MJPEG skin tones appear to lean a bit more toward the red than the AVCHD version. Think lpowell is right on many fronts: this patch shreds all others. This result should enable use of the LA7200 in this project with great results (have not tested that lens yet; waiting anxiously for step rings). Have not tested against 4:2:2 for color rendition; however, given the limitations of that parameter with the LA7200, it appears that the pro/con list favors Max Lat AVCHD, at least for this project which is a combination greenscreen/low light situation. Thanks, lpowell for your continued efforts on the GH1 proving out its latent super-capabilities.
 
Last edited:
Perhaps a stupid question, but i was able to decrease the GOP from 15 to 10 and not have any camera errors so far...
Would there be any negatives to doing this besides larger file size?

Also, i understand that GOP determines the space between I frames but i dont really understand what this means, like how it impacts thefootage? Does it make it clearer or easier to capture motion? Would it be better to have just I frames for maximum data information?

I have recently stumbled across a GOP1 hack and am liking the test footage i see.
One guy claims to have "135mbps max bitrate and more than 90mbps average". Is this possible? Probably pretty unstable...?

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthrea...ore-than-85mbps-average-avchd!&highlight=GOP1

Does anyone know the pros and cons of this compared to the max lat hack?
 
Perhaps a stupid question, but i was able to decrease the GOP from 15 to 10 and not have any camera errors so far...
Would there be any negatives to doing this besides larger file size?
Reducing the GOP-size will not only produce larger MTS files. That will also increase the bit allocation pressure on the encoder, making it more likely to fail under stress. I initially tested the NTSC 1080p encoder in the Max Latitude Patch with a GOP-size of 12. While this worked in most cases, I found that increasing the GOP-size to 15 enabled this patch to handle brightly lit, highly detailed scenes with significantly more reliability.
 

GH1.png

PRE HACK

GH17.png

GH17 Max Latitude 24p(2011 serial)

AF100.png

AF100
 
The Max Latitude Patch will not work properly in SH 720p60 mode. For this purpose I recommend my Blackout-Powell Native 24p Patch

To be fair, this patch won't work reliably in "SH" 720p25 or "H" 720p25 modes either. Bizarrely, for extended takes of over 25 mins, only the 1080p25 has been lock-up free for me (on about a dozen takes over an hour in fact).

When I want 720p25, as I have recently, I've learnt the hard way it's best to shoot FHD and transcode later.

As for slow motion or otherwise 50p/60p, Blackout/Powell is certainly the best I've used.
 
shxt

shxt

I hacked my cam by setting it to the c settings using wine on a mac but im having problems loading these patches from llpowel. Any help?
 
thanks again for the info. another question, though. is it possible to hack the gh1 using both the max latitude and reliable playback patches (because now i can't play the mjpegs in my camera. i can view them only in my computer)?
 
thanks again for the info. another question, though. is it possible to hack the gh1 using both the max latitude and reliable playback patches (because now i can't play the mjpegs in my camera. i can view them only in my computer)?

You can only use one patch at a time. I've heard of people having two separate SD cards and have different patches for each card.
 
To clarify...

A) Installing the Max Latitude patch defaults FHD mode to 1080 24p with 100mbps maximum bitrate.
...But it eliminates 720p/60fps SH mode and the 24p becomes interlaced in a wrapper.

B) Installing the Blackwell-Ipowell 24p Native patch sets FHD mode to 1080 24p native NOT interlaced in a wrapper; with a maximum 55mbps.
...AND SH mode remains intact at 720p/60fps with max 55mpbs.

Little confused here. Are both A & B true? Where does the 25 get set at? In ptool? Don't want to shoot w/o realizing I'm doing 25 when I want 24.
 
Last edited:
A) Installing the Max Latitude patch defaults FHD mode to 1080 24p with 100mbps maximum bitrate.
...But it eliminates 720p/60fps SH mode and the 24p becomes interlaced in a wrapper....

Where does the 25 get set at? In ptool? Don't want to shoot w/o realizing I'm doing 25 when I want 24.
No, the FHD 1080p mode in the Max Latitude Patch records non-interlaced Native 24p files in NTSC mode, as does the Blackout-Powell Patch. Native 25p FHD recording is selected by putting the camera in PAL mode, which also changes the SH video mode from 60p to 50p.
 
I tried to change "constant 6000" from 4500 to 6000 and 60p started to work. Is this parameter so important?
This is an extremely sensitive stability parameter that affects the encoder's ability to operate reliably at 100Mbps. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any setting that enabled the encoder to perform reliably in both 24/25p FHD modes and 50/60p SH modes at the same time. While it may be possible to tweak this and other related stability patches a bit more optimally, it would require a large number of carefully standardized failure trials to determine whether a different configuration of patch settings will statistically improve or degrade overall reliability of each of the NTSC and PAL versions of the FHD and SH AVCHD video modes.
 
Back
Top