Recent content by sdjames

  1. S

    Bouncing Lines

    I included a .jpg of a blueprint reversal - black background with white lines - in an aftereffects composition. The fine lines in the .jpg bounce up and down in the final export. I know this is an artifact of the way video is displayed, but wonder if there is a work-around that allows the fine...
  2. S

    72mm to bayonet adapter

    Is there an adapter to go from 72 mm threads to the bayonet mount on a Century .6x adapter? I was thinking of using my adapter on the Lumix camera, if it is possible.
  3. S

    Transparent Text

    I'm a newbie in AE, and I am trying to use a layer I created in Illustrator, white letters on black background, luma keyed, to reveal video through the text. It works ok, but the text still has the jaggies and I can't rasterize it with the luma key effect on. Is there a better way to reveal...
  4. S

    30V Battery Options

    I was going to purchase bulbs and cables for my Lowell Prolights to run 200W at 30V, but then I looked at the battery belts - $1700! Are there other options out there? I looked at 5000MAh D cell NiCad batteries and can purchase them for $125 for 30V worth. Why would a NiCad Battery belt be so...
  5. S

    Color Correction

    I shot some Sri Lankan Fishermen in the morning without white balancing properly >:(. It looked good in the viewfinder. But now on my monitor it looks too gray, the colors aren't nearly as bright as they looked in camera. I think I had the last white balance set for incandescent light, so I am...
  6. S

    Support Rod System

    Is there an inexpensive support rod system available for sale somewhere? If not, what are the standard dimensions - center to center on the rods and rod diameters so I could have one made that would have some hope of working with the various pieces of equipment?
  7. S

    Dual Head issue

    I built an editing pc about 18 months ago: 2 ghz pentium 4 1 GB Ram EIDE 120 GB internal HDD 120 GB HDD Firewire Here's the thing. I am using an ATI Radeon 9700 all-in-wonder video card. It is not on the list of adobe supported cards. Beside the extra desktop space, which would be very...
  8. S

    Two questions for Walter Graff

    Walter, I was following your advice in your DV.com article about your light kit (http://www.dv.com/features/features_item.jhtml?category=Archive&LookupId=/xml/feature/2004/graff0404) and was trying to make up a longer cord for my Lowell Omni Lights. You mentioned using a heavy duty "arri type"...
  9. S

    Quality of Text in Animation

    I just created an animation in AE using text created in Illustrator and transforming it in AE using scale, rotation and position variables. When I rendered it, the resulting text characters were filled with jaggies and digital artifacts. They moved as I expected, but the edges lost their...
  10. S

    DVFilmaker.com

    Does anyone know what happened to DVFilmaker.com? The domain is gone.
  11. S

    DVX Batteries

    Jarred, What is the switch for on the base of the DVX batteries?
Back
Top