Quality of Text in Animation

sdjames

Active member
I just created an animation in AE using text created in Illustrator and transforming it in AE using scale, rotation and position variables. When I rendered it, the resulting text characters were filled with jaggies and digital artifacts. They moved as I expected, but the edges lost their integrity and were much more jaggie than the static characters appear in AE rendered video without the transforms being applied.

I'm brand new to this stuff. Am I just using the wrong processes to animate these characters?
 
Re: Quality of Text in Animation

Make sure you turn on continously rasterize for the layer.

Also, if you're using AE 6.0+, then I would recommend you check out AE's own text tool which has become my tool of choice for text since its massive improvement in AE 6.0
 
Re: Quality of Text in Animation

Thanks for the help. I'm using 5.5, but there's a good reason to upgrade.
 
Re: Quality of Text in Animation

might seem simple, but are your quality switches set to high? (the little / symbols on the timeline controls)
 
Re: Quality of Text in Animation

If you are rendering for 720 x 480 field riender lower field first, 640 x 480 upper field first
 
Back
Top