Recent content by ricky

  1. ricky

    OTHER: Need a critique

    Recent piece we did for AMF, Trying to become a better storyteller so it would be great to get some feedback on story, music select, composition, framing etc, Share your thoughts. http://youtu.be/cAxOVHxZ0XI
  2. ricky

    DMA SanFran

    I covered a live event for the agency I work for. Check it out and throw some feedback my way. Shot on Canon XHA1s, edited on FCP and built the lower third in AE. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1VjbiaKJpo Also here is a Snapple event that I did recently. Let me know what you think...
  3. ricky

    Configuration

    Looking for some tips/advice on my setup. My renders (simple talking heads, some shadows and moving type) just seem to take a little more longer than expected. Let me know if you see anything I can adjust to get more power. As in AE has multiprocessing and RAM adjuster.. mac 2x2.26 GHz...
  4. ricky

    remove errs and uh

    Is there a specific technique for this, I have been just cutting and adding a transition between them?
  5. ricky

    Production links?

    Anyone have BTS showcasing reality workflows? Perhaps editors talking about how they log, edit, shooting, framing etc? Would like to know how shows like "food network star like shows come together.
  6. ricky

    Capturing from tape

    Have an XH A1s and use FCP to capture. Is there anyway to pull video from tape faster than real time? I takes so loooooong to do this.... anyone?
  7. ricky

    SCI Fi public domain

    looking everywhere for some public domain oldies that have groups scattering or running from something. Found alot of public domain orks at archive but nothing with people freaking out and running. help
  8. ricky

    Capturing / archiving

    Where does the footage that gets captured from your cam go. I want to move my FCP projects to another drive for archiving purposes. I assume that the capture footage is not embedded in the FCP file because it is only 2mb. Is there a "package option that will pull all the files used in the...
  9. ricky

    Camera pick

    I need to put in a request to to my employer for a camera, lights and a boom mic. It will be used for shooting internal videos (corporate style) etc. I like the idea of getting a DVX100 a or b only because I have some experience with the a. However I personally like the canon products and was...
  10. ricky

    Exporting

    I have imported video frames to layers and I want to adjust some things then export a video back out. When I do this it only gives me a single frame/layer even though I have "all frames" checked. Is there another way to do this in CS3 (not extended)? The video is being edited in FCP. Any help is...
  11. ricky

    Compressor

    I am trying to convert a .mov to a MPEG-2 file format. I put the .mov into FCP and export to Compressor. When I do this I select the default MPEG-2 but it splits the video up from the audio an I end up with two files. So I turn on multi-plexing and it gives me a .m2v fiel (what is that?)...
  12. ricky

    Express 4 Vs Studio

    Can someone highlight the key differences between the two. I want to buy Final Cut Express but not sure how far off from Studio it is.
  13. ricky

    Where to start?

    I have discovered my passion for filmaking a bit late in life as I am 32 now with wife and kids. I am not sure if it is worth my time to go to film school or just grab a cam and see what happens. I think the school helps you get contacts in the field and certifies you as a "filmmaker". But alot...
  14. ricky

    External Hardrives

    Anyone have info on inexpensive external harddrives. Looking for a qualiy product buy easy on the wallet. Would love to hear the specs on what others use and what they store.
  15. ricky

    need tips

    I am shooting a band performance this weekend. It is indoors under standard holgen lights. The band will be on a quazi stage (more like a few steps high). Not much of an audience as far as numbers are concerned. I will have two cameras set up. One on a tri-pod and the othe I will be carrying...
Back
Top