Express 4 Vs Studio

ricky

Member
Can someone highlight the key differences between the two. I want to buy Final Cut Express but not sure how far off from Studio it is.
 
Impossible to say. I guess... if you have to ask - I'd go with Express.

Honestly.

It's less than $200US and is a leap (although only a minor one) from iMovie08.

Lots of audio mixing tools, but they took away Soundtrack... so...

Best bet is to wait until you can read some reviews.

Then again - if you don't know... you probably want Express.

It will serve you well

CaptM
 
From what I've seen, Express will now support AVCHD, but no DVCproHD (correct me if I'm wrong) So if you're working with, or plan to work with the HVX Express is out. Otherwise, the big difference is in the extra programs. You can use iDVD for authoring, and QTpro for encoding, and GarageBand for audio. All of those programs are lower end substitutes for DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, and Soundtrack Pro. What you don't have a low end version of is Motion, which is a sweet program.

If you only want to cut, and there's no HVX involved, it would be really tuff to justify the extra dollars, Express 4 looks very nice.
 
Back
Top