Recent content by craigom

  1. C

    Advice: recording back to back live concerts

    Need some advice. We will be recording a series of concerts. 4 bands per night, 40 minute sets with a 20 minutes break in between. We plan to record using 3 HV200 cameras. Multicam editing will be done post. Total of 160 mins recording. We have experience in short concert recordings but this...
  2. C

    Final Cut Server for Managing P2 footage?

    I am looking for a media management solution for our growing library of P2 footage. We have a couple of TB's of video and we need to have a better system for storage, search, retrieval etc. We aren't very good at metatagging clips, which is something we have to rectify. At present we store all...
  3. C

    mixing 7d & HVX200 footage in FCP?

    I have a HVX200 (PAL) and i am considering purchasing the 7d as a secondary camera. I understand the 7d can shoot 720p/25p. If we were to shoot footage with both cameras set to shoot at 720p/25p, how easily will these clips mix? We use FCP for editing. Firstly, will clips from both cameras...
  4. C

    mixing 7d & HVX200 footage in FCP?

    I have a HVX200 (PAL) and i am considering purchasing the 7d as a secondary camera. I understand the 7d can shoot 720p/25p. If we were to shoot footage with both cameras set to shoot at 720p/25p, how easily will these clips mix? We use FCP for editing. Firstly, will clips from both cameras...
  5. C

    How to Optimize Rendering from FCP?

    We are using FCP6 for editing our predominately HD footage (DVCPRO HD) from our HVX200 camera. We edit on a Mac Pro 8 core machine (2.8 GHz processors with 2GB of DDR2 RAM). Our installed graphics card was a ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT but it has recently failed so i am replacing it with a ATI Radeon...
  6. C

    help in transferring HDV footage without HDV camera

    I have the HVX200. I have been given some footage that was shot on a Sony camera, onto mini dv tapes using HDV. I need to get the footage off those tapes and into a format i can edit with. Any suggestions? I dont believe the HVX200 can read the HDV format, so it wont playback in camera and...
  7. C

    Best quality on export? HVX200 & FCP

    I am a newbie to the HVX200 & FCP and i want to get the highest quality output i can. Our current workflow is as follows: We have been shooting in 720/25P, transfer P2 contents onto hard drive and import into FCP (6.0.5) using log and transfer (Mac Pro 8 core). In FCP our Capture preset is...
  8. C

    Advice for lighting on the fly interviews

    We have been requested to shoot some impromptu interviews of some VIP's at a dinner. The setting will be a Hotel Restaurant and we are not sure of the lighting there. We are shooting with a HVX200. Any suggestions on what we can do to light as effectively as possible? We have a lighting kit...
  9. C

    Advice for first time recording

    We are new to audio and have a project next week where we will be shooting interviews with people on the floor of an exhibition, so we expect there to be quite a bit of ambient noise - voices, people passing, music etc. I of course would like to isolate the speakers voice as much as possible and...
  10. C

    Difference between HVX200 PAL and HVX200E Pal?

    I am wondering what is the difference between the HVX200 PAL and the HVX200E PAL? I know that the HVX200E is for europe, shoots 50fps and is pal but what about the HVX200 PAL version? Are they the same specs? The company i'm looking to buy from has a 200 euro price difference between the two...
  11. C

    BEST DVD's for Learning the Craft

    Any suggestions on good DVD's for learning the tricks of the trade? Thought it could be good to make a list. They could be instructional DVD's like Barry Greens Bootcamp but i was also thinking Movie DVD's with special "behind the scenes" extras that give insights into how film-makers made...
  12. C

    What Camera Used for this video? DOF on DV camera

    I am interested in what kind of camera was likely used to make such a video. http://www.adobe.com/creativelicense/ Click on WEB PREMIUM and then Video..... I know this isn't anything special but there is a decent amount of Depth of Field in some of these shots. Do you think a DV camera was...
  13. C

    Help Needed! Equip Recommendations for new studio

    We are looking to setup a simple but effective professional video system. Our main usage will be for customer videos involving some in the field recording. Plus we are likely to reach into small commercials with FX, using a small studio setup. We don’t have much experience with video. As a small...
Back
Top