What are you watching?

I want that minute of my life back.

-haha. My apologies to everyone. Trust me, I want that minute back too. I owe you and everyone else one minute and let's just leave it that. ;)

-I've been watching alot of older documentaries on Tubi. I'm not sure if anyone here would be interested. Storied Streets (2014) and 'Skid Row (2007)' for example.
A.K.A Tommy Chong (2006) yesterday.

//Watching the comedy Special Unit (2017) right now on Tubi. They really go out there. https://tubitv.com/movies/472172/special-unit?start=true

Last edited:
A Canadian short (5min approx) that my brother (dvx:Arielman) likes. Is it okay to post the vid in this thread? (or maybe just a link or somewhere else???) [It's a Sunday ;) )

Crown Land (Short Film)

//Got on a rant there. Deleted it. Another place, another time, for that lol.

Last edited:
Documentary about the "Arctic 30" - the Greenpeace activists who were detained in Russia following their protest against oil drilling in the Arctic. 52 min.
From here: http://blackicemovie.net/

--------------------

Jump, Darling | Official Trailer

Not necssarily my type of subject matter but 2 things.
1/ It was shot close to here in an area I'm very very familiar with.
2/ It looks really good aaaaannnd Cloris Leachman is in it. She died Jan 27/2021.
So I am going to watch it when it's released without a doubt.

I found it in the local news just now. Pretty cool: https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/leachmans-last-starring-role-in-pec-debuts-tuesday

=================

Last edited:
The new world seems to care about that stuff more than we do...

They’ve been talking about it for the last two nights on the late local news and then more in-depth on their “magazine” type show they do live immediately afterwards. I couldn’t care less... Although it was funny watching Pierce Morgan act like a spoiled child on-air and then get canned, because of it. They said he has a reputation of “likes to dish it out, but can’t take it” and that’s what led to his storming off set, live. How much money did he just throw out the window?

The new world seems to care about that stuff more than we do...

I dont care about the "royals" (and when i see them on the supermarket tabloids, im like "didnt we fight a war to get away from these people?") But i think they got a rotten treatment from the rest of the family. All too common with relationships like that. The point of interest to me is the race/power element

... They said he has a reputation of “likes to dish it out, but can’t take it” and that’s what led to his storming off set, live. How much money did he just throw out the window?

That would depend (mostly) on his non-compete clause. Since he was the star of the show, his lawyers probably negotiated a fairly flexible out - if the employer no longer pays, he's a free agent. With NBC, Megyn Kelly had an option of going to someone else but chose to collect her entire three year contract of $23M per year. Then she probably has half a year to a year of non-compete but that would only preclude paid on-air appearances. And then she's a free agent again.

What might complicate matters is any of his potential ownership of the show. That would take some serious negotiations to unwind. Otherwise, he'll pop up on Sky/Fox, something he's been doing regularly anyway.

PS. Morgan was making £1M/y, which is $1,400,000 at the current exchange rate, small fry by the US standards. Fox News has Hannity and Carlson hours well taken care of but that leaves as many as three hours - 7-8, 10-12 - wide open.

The guy just wants to be left alone with his wife is what I took from it. :) //No doubt you guys are right. Sigh. :)

//In all fairness. Excuse me. :)

'cause why not. :)

Last edited:
So, over the last couple of days, I found two of the funniest sketches ever. I am a big Laugh In fan but don't recall this one. It has 30 million views, so a few others must have seen it since it was posted.

This one I have never seen. A bit making fun of the Hyatt on the Sunset Strip. And the rockers who stayed there.

Last edited:
NomadLand
I watched it last night. Many Academy Awards.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/25/entertainment/academy-awards-2021/index.html
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9770150/
---
I haven't seen "Frances McDormand also won for the film, three years after her Oscar for "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri." yet.

I guess "we're" not getting married then. Let me find that one. Jeeez I am busy ya know too. lol.
//Found it. Omg I really do live in a cave. I didn't even know.
And it's YOUR fault. lol.

Last edited:
Wow. Just finished the series finale of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Every worthwhile Trek show brings something to the table, but DS9 was far and away the best overall series as well as an innovator in TV storytelling generally.

Though I have a few criticisms of the way the show wrapped up the last half of the final season, it was definitely the most satisfying conclusion to any show I've ever watched. On top of making strong plot and character choices, it gave me all the emotional closure I could ask for as a fan while leaving some intriguing threads hanging open.

Definitely the type of show that makes you want to start it all over as soon as you've finished it.

Back