Zunow 11-16mm f2.8 emount lens

I just stumbled across this and perhaps i missed something but it looks like a really interested manual lens for us

http://www.zunow.tv/E-Mount/Zunow-SWV-E11-16.html

Has anyone seen it, tried it, bought it? I don't know how much it is or how it peforms either...

cheers
Paul

If I remember right, the lens costs around $3500,
a bit more than I could swing on a lens like that.
Very similar specs to the Tokina 11-16 F2.8 (which
is a budget version without the cinema options)
 
What madness, $3500 lens in e mount. I can understand the F3 mount lens but not this. I would have been interested if it was in the same ball park as the ZA range.

Any idea what the performance is like, it would have to be exceptional...

cheers
paul
 
Looking at the focus it doesn't look like the focus barrel has much range, so it could even be a modified tokina...

Oh well, i was briefly enthused by a new entrant into the market of manual focus lenses for emount...

Now if only Zeiss would speed up at photokina and get those new mirrorless zeiss lenses with autofocus out. Or even that lovely looking 55mm f1.4 distagon! I wish they'd do their manual lenses in sony alpha mount though...

cheers
paul
 
Yikes! Isn't this just a rehoused Tokina 11-16? $4000+ buys an adapter and a few more lenses to boot. You can get a Dulcos cine modded version of this lens for far less as well.
 
well u cant buy duclos as u have to wait 5-6 month....., any duclos its modified tokina for nikon......(unless u dont mind the rotation direction), but that lens does not seems like its tokina ..... does not looks like tokina
 
The Zunow website is a little light on info, but it says this is a conversion lens. I think the Tok is the only 11-16/2.8 floating around. This may be the guts of that lens in a cine housing and E-mount. The Zeiss 16-35 is nice, but if you have a crop sensor, the 11-16 is much wider - if UWA is what you're looking for. Its only about $600 new and the LAEA1 can be had for cheap, one of the best value's in UWA lenses. If you have E-mount the new 10-18/4 has potential - pending tests - and it'll be much smaller/lighter than the others.
 
I would rather get the full frame 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* AF A mount lens for the NEX-VG900 that has an even wider FOV (107° vs 100° ) than the 11-16mm APS-C lens at less than 1/2 the cost.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/582764-REG/Sony_SAL1635Z_SAL_1635Z_16_35mm_f_2_8_ZA.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._SUPER_WIDE_ZOOMLNS_f_NEX_FS100_VG 10_20.html


Just to be very clear here....the 16-35 does NOT have a wider FOV than the 11-16 as long as they are on the
same camera. The 'crop factor' is in the CAMERA/sensor not the lens. So if you are shooting on a NEX 5, NEX7,
NEX VG10, NEX VG20, NEX FS100, or NEX FS700, the 11-16 will be wider than the 16-35. The NEX VG900
or A99, are full frame, so they will have a wider angle of view than the APS-C/Super 35 cameras. But comparing
'apples to apples' the 11-16 is wider than the 16-35.
 
I never said anything about using the 16-35 on the smaller APS-C sensor so on the VG900 it would be wider than the 11-16 on APS-C.
 
I never said anything about using the 16-35 on the smaller APS-C sensor so on the VG900 it would be wider than the 11-16 on APS-C.

Well, OK but if we are worried about this 11-16 lens costing
too much, it seems like an interesting solution to buy a new
camera and a lens. Especially until we see how good
this new full frame camera is (looks like a stills sensor to
me so I'd rather go with FS100 or FS700 until more is
known about the new Sony.) Can you even buy it yet?
 
I have the VG900 pre-ordered with Amazon and on Adorama it says "EXPECTED ARRIVAL OCTOBER 25,2012".
 
Back
Top