Zombiefest Film Rankings

Dahopafilms said:
Er ... actually, I did it for the T-Shirt.

And to get girls.

I feel so ... ashamed ...

:laugh:
err ... girls ... how do you get girls out of this ... maybe I'm talking about the camera too much, there eyes seem to glaze over ...

WTF!
 
jdanstan said:
As for assholes rubbing someone's face in their score ... not gonna happen, and if it did, so many people would be on that person ripping them an Olypmic sized new one -- that's the way it is around here.

Also ... I think there are something like 8,000 members total on this site.

ONLY 1%, however, had the resources, time, or sheer drive to get it done even without the resources or time and to really put themselves out there ... which is a very vulnerable thing to do.

You know that some people had to have had ample time, had their camera sitting around, and the excuses piled up because they were afraid to share part of themselves.

Not you. Filmmakers don't make excuses, they make films and that's what you did because you had the balls to do it.

Not only that you had the balls and good taste to use the term "Ass Hat" in your film, -- a word I first learned here on this forum, lol.

All of the films listed in this thread are in the top 1% in more ways than one and certainly in the balls department.

Okay I'm going to say "balls" one more time. There.

Amen. Awesome post.

Balls. One more for luck. :grin:

-Robert
 
dvxuserb.gif
 
Ha ... thanks, but let's tone it down a notch before we get in hot water with Jarred (since this is such a high profile non Cafe thread ) ... and also make it abundantly clear that the aforementioned anatomical parts refer to a state of mind and it is neither our intent to exclude or offend members of the finer gender, such as Trent, Thartley, or the better half of I&T; on the contrary, after seeing their films, they have an abundance of the aforementioned attitude as physically represented by the anatomy in question. :)
 
Jarred Land said:
Thanks everyone, for making DVXuser.com what it is.
I remember deciding whether or not to get the DVX, or stick with my XL-1. It was definitely this site that convinced me hands-down which way to go. Not just because it's a great camera, but because of this community. So thanks J - know that you really made a big difference in a lotta folks' lives.
 
jdanstan said:
... and also make it abundantly clear that the aforementioned anatomical parts refer to a state of mind and it is neither our intent to exclude or offend members of the finer gender, such as Trent, Thartley, or the better half of I&T; on the contrary, after seeing their films, they have an abundance of the aforementioned attitude as physically represented by the anatomy in question. :)

Wow, dude's a lawyer too! That's right up there with some of the best disclaimers I've seen. :thumbsup:
 
I know I'm not around much and may be overstepping a bit here, but I wanna say thanks too! I had a great time making my short, and I'm really enjoying the sense of community you guys have got around here.

PS: My movie scored the same as Rocky IV's current score on IMDB, and that one had Dolph Lundgren in it.
 
ZombieSquid said:
I know I'm not around much and may be overstepping a bit here,
Dude no way.
ZombieSquid said:
but I wanna say thanks too! I had a great time making my short, and I'm really enjoying the sense of community you guys have got around here.
It's crazy isn't it, this place has its own ebb and flow and distinct personality - a real balm to me as a Katrina evacuee; I left my home but this was a needed constant, a great source of support and edu-tainment( I go back Monday!! Whoohoo)

Thank YOU for making a movie and hanging out with us. I don'y have that many posts compared to some people so I fell a little wierd reppin' the forum like this, but I'm probably the only one who thinks its wierd since everyone's so cool around here.

The only people that suck IMHO, are people that only join to promote something and then split.
ZombieSquid said:
PS: My movie scored the same as Rocky IV's current score on IMDB, and that one had Dolph Lundgren in it.
haha that's awesome -- in fact I think that's how they should post all the rankings next time, LOL!

Conrgratulations on your flick again the high shutter cinematohraphy was top notch!
 
Since this seems to be the place to do it, I'd also like to just say how great this whole thing is, and thank Barry, and Jarred and everyone else who put it together. And I'll be proud to be on the dvd with everyone who submitted their films.

Zombiefest is (un)dead, long live the Sci-Fi.
 
Back
Top