Zombie Fest

ST_

Well-known member
Is anyone actually making a film for Zombie Fest? I have no idea where to start.... Just get masks from a costume shop and hide around corners then attack people?
Is anyone going to make special effect in after effects or something, like blood, or computer generated zombies, caus thats beyond me...
 
You must ask The John (Hudson). He will likely be setting the standard on zombie-esque-ness in these parts. :)
 
I will try to pull something together.

Are we doing zombies for May, or is it still the plan that everyone work from the same script? How long does it usually take to wrap up the previous month's contest?

BTW, have you seen 28 Days Later? Fantastic "zombie" flick shot with the DVX.
 
Just to make sure this is correct, I've read that the July film is to use "Undead," not specifically Zombies. Am I mistaken?
 
Barry_S said:
July -- *July is DVXfest: The Zombie Edition. *We'll be accepting films made from January to July 2005 that feature the undead. *All other rules apply.

Also

Barry_S said:
FUTURE MONTHLY DVXFESTS

Links to the submitted films and the voting polls will always be posted in the Cafe ala DVX Forum on the first of the month. *Additionally the links will be posted in the Latest DVX News/Articles and the Contests Forum. *All comments should be posted in the DVXFEST SHORTS thread in the Film Discussion forum. *Film submissions are always due on the last day of the month. *Voting will take place during the 1st week of the following month.

What's up wit dat yo!?
 
DJQuikFingaz said:
Also



What's up wit dat yo!?

Yeah, the waffles are growing restless. :shocked:

On a related note, are there other websites that hold similar periodic short film contests?
 
Bischofftep said:
Just to make sure this is correct, I've read that the July film is to use "Undead," not specifically Zombies. Am I mistaken?

My opinion is that UNdead is UNdead; Zombies, Ghouls, Vampires, Mummy's....

Anything else I am missing?
 
Sean Michael said:
I will try to pull something together.

Are we doing zombies for May, or is it still the plan that everyone work from the same script? How long does it usually take to wrap up the previous month's contest?

Zombie fest was for Jan - June,, May is one script to rule them all... barry is obioulsy away so we will have to wait for him to get back to see whats going on.
 
John_Hudson said:
My opinion is that UNdead is UNdead; Zombies, Ghouls, Vampires, Mummy's....

Anything else I am missing?

I don't think so. I'll accept *any* film that features the undead. We're equal opportunity for any form of the undead, although I kinda had your flesh eating, slow, stumbling, groaning, rotting zombies in mind when I posted the theme. But hey vampires--I love vampires, so they're definitely welcome in the mix--and monsters and mummies--who doesn't like them? And if someone wants to feature a creature that's risen from hell and assumed some corporeal form--who am I to argue?
 
Isn't any actor/actress walking around and giving lines technically un-dead? I mean, they are alive, so they must be undead. Or do you have to be dead to become undead. Like do, undo?

Don't mind me... I'm late to a bar to film a band.
 
First of all--referring to all actors as the "undead" isn't going to win you any points with SAG/AFTRA. Secondly, I can understand your confusion. Technically, undead does not just mean "not dead", it means "not dead" AND "not alive". The term implies a breakdown in the natural order that preserves the distinct separation between life and death--thus it is always a supernatural occurence. This breakdown is usually, although not always, accompanied by some manifestation of evil.

Hope that helps,

Barry
 
Is the 5-minute limit still in effect? I've got a cut of my friend's zombie movie which clocks in at a little over six minutes...
 
Back
Top