ZMB - jdsmith19

I thought it was well done but the payoff was a disappointment. If you make me sit thru a sales seminar give me the big bang at the end. Seriously, good work and good luck in the contest.
 
One part I thought seemed slow was at the house when they are first talking, but after a second viewing I think it helps build the supense.
 
Thanks for the comments everyone! I had a chance to show ZMB on the big screen this week. It was a great way to put closure on the contest. I'm in pre-production now for my next short. I'll post it when we're finished. This time I have people helping me! Thanks again for all the comments. Good Luck to everyone in the contest!

J.D.
 
This looked really pro/really nice, and the acting was some of the best. Simple, believable. And the CAMERA REALLY TOLD THE STORY!

Only real criticism. Camera was SOOO strong throughout in terms of moves that were interesting, felt very germane, and well connected to the story, that the button felt a little week just being in close-up. What if, for example, we started in closeup of the button and then abruptly cut to wider and wider shots of the lecture hall with a heavy sound effect, okay…don’t have the cast for that, but a slow dolly out – something for that last shot. And the compliments at the top were not just buttering you up for the criticism, the camera work was truly strong, a real stand out, so that last shot was noticeable by contrast.

Nice work and I look forward to more!
 
Back
Top