Your Zombie Criteria?

Ha Ha! I plead the 5th...
Here is the flyer I want to hand out.
Zflyer.jpg
 
John_Hudson said:
Well our goal was to get you to watch each of them at least once; remember? (cough cough)

I know, I remember that conversation about a month ago ... and THAT was when we were thinking about having nearly 30 films submitted.

Now, with over 80 films ... watching them twice (or in TC's case over 12 hours straight 'cuz he's doing it back to back).

For me, it's going to be like when you're taking those tests with the #2 pencil, and they say go with your gut feeling that's usually right the first time ... don't second guess yourself. That's most likely what I'll be doing when I watch every film that's been submitted. But, the films I really enjoyed, I'll naturally want to watch twice.

To be fair, if someone thinks my film sucks, I certainly couldn't ask them to watch it again just because I took the time to make it ... if I didn't entertain them, then I didn't. Hopefully someone else likes it enough to actually want to watch it again.
 
Whoaaa...

That's a lot of replies in one night. ;)

When I said judging production value, I think I wasn't too clear...

That's what I'll be LOOKING for, granted everything else is pretty good. If it looks great, but it's a bunch of incoherent zombie kill shots, then I probably wouldn't vote it the best.

I guess my question more, is what aspect of the films are you looking at that will EDGE out the others? Because if we are talking about the winner it will be pretty good on all aspects. (Story, Production, Entertainment etc)
 
For me Ill watch each one at least once. But the ones that fail to hold me Ill drop immediatley and move to the next one. Once I get to the end Ill re-watch the remaining ones that survived the first round.
 
Write down that I said this... and I'll eat that piece of paper if I'm wrong... 'cause I won't be.

ONE or TWO films will stand out SO COMPLETELY that it will blow your mind. I don't think it's going to be hard AT ALL to tell who gets first, second, and third place.

And honestly now... don't think I'm doing reverse psychology or something... mine is VERY weak! I will not place anywhere in there... every time I say that people think I'm going to pop out of left field with something great... WAKE UP. If nothing else I'm honest! Why do you think I said I can't wait for the next one? This one is not representative of anything I can do.

But seriously... I guarantee one or two of these is going to be like, "Holy ****! There's the winner!"

It won't be like one "edges" out another one. The subject matter of this contest should have really seperated the men from the boys. Remember this post 'cause I hope I'm wrong... but I'll bet I'm not.
 
MattinSTL said:
Why do you think I said I can't wait for the next one? This one is not representative of anything I can do.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you're right, Matt, because I'm sure there are some on here who have done an insanely good job.

But I laugh when people keep saying this contest isn't a represenation of what they can do. Sure it is! The films we've submitted represent what we can do based on the limitations we have, the problems we ran into, lack of experience at the time, etc.

I think I can guarantee, however, that anyone who's been involved with this festival, and does the next one too, will do an even better job as they've already been in the trenches & learned from it.
 
Well let's just hope that you're surprised about the next entry after seeing this one then. I think I could have done some things differently to produce a better result... so that's my fault.

My best advice of the evening is do not drink a glass of milk at your computer when you watch my entry.:thumbsup:
 
.

.

Ok, this is the second time today that I've tuned in with the specific purpose of seeing if the polls were open. Drat, as of this writing, they are not.

I have been torn about whether to vote at all on these clips. I think it would be cool to sinply watch them when the DVD(s) come out, on the big screen.

On the other hand, I was the kind of kid that opened his christmas presents early, so I suppose I will just go for it and watch 'em all over the next week or so. My criteria is that Content is King. I doubt that anyone is going to capture my vote just because they did some sort of clever special effect, or series of them.

Good luck to everyone, this is just so cool.

Finally: John Hudson - this is the sort of thing you've been wanting all along with Undead Nation, yes? BTW, I don't think it will give away too much that we did our clip such that it is consistent with the Undead Nation storyline...
 
I'm looking for story above all else. If you can keep me interested, you'll stand a great chance of getting my vote. I'm just hoping that people will "get" what happens in my entry. So far, the few people I've shown it to didn't understand it. (but they were morons)
 
HorseFilms said:
I'm looking for story above all else. If you can keep me interested, you'll stand a great chance of getting my vote. I'm just hoping that people will "get" what happens in my entry. So far, the few people I've shown it to didn't understand it. (but they were morons)

O, man. You gonna lose my vote then :( I'm a moron too. :laugh:
 
Horse, that's really funny. I was kind of worried about that too. I ran out of time shooting to get some of the shots that I wanted so that the morons would be 100% clear what was happening. Ah well....
 
.

.

As the movies are now available, my judging criteria is rapidly evolving:

1) Can I see WTF is going on? If the movie is too dark most of the time, low marks.
2) Is it presented in a cinematic way? If not, does the style match the plot?
3) Is there a plot?
4) Extra points added for style, humor, originality of concept, violence, hot chicks, and excellence of special effects. Also, I am seeing if the sound is good or not.

Everyone is to be congratulated. This is a wildly successful event. There are some real gems out there, and of course some real turkeys!
 
Back
Top